Faith, Hope, and Trick (alternate ending)

It was a dark night, as Buffy Anne Summers and Cordelia Chase walked into the library. They had been running from demons and vampires for their lives all night long. They had mistaken Cordelia for Faith. The monsters planned on having a night of Slayer Fest. Cordelia was half way calm now, but still freaked out, not wanting to die.

"What do we do now?" Cordelia asked, seated on the counter beside Buffy.

"We need to find a way to stop these guys before Homecoming ends."

"And how do we do that exactly?"

"I don't know. I don't have all the answers. I don't exactly have a plan at the moment."

They set their flower wrist bands down on the counter.

Buffy now stood in front of the doors.

Cordelia jumped off the counter.

"You better think of one quick, because I have a life to live."

"We'll make it through this, okay? At least in time to see who won king and queen."

Just then, a cowboy vampire grabbed hold of the back of the Slayer's neck, lifting her off the floor.

"Oh, God," Cordy said, and then rushed into the cage for a stake.

When she came back out he had a partner with him.

"Well, this gives a new meaning of eternal love. Doesn't it?" she said to no one in particular.

The vamp couple were winning, not letting the Slayer get a chance to do anything. When they heard Cordelia, they through the Slayer against a bookshelf, which fell on top of her.

"Buffy!" she yelled, watching the scene.

Several minutes later, they were dust. Even though she was hurting, she went to the bookshelf, for once in her life, think about someone else's life above her own.

After several minutes, the shelf was off her, Cordy knelt beside her, an arm around her lower stomach.

"Buffy?"

She felt for a pulse on the side of her neck. She then held her in her arms.

"Can you hear me, Buffy?"

Buffy slowly came to and looked up at her.

"Oh, thank God," Cordy said.

Buffy sat up and looked to see they were gone.

"Are you okay?" Buffy asked, looking at her, realizing she had staked them and seeing her arm around her lower stomach.

"It's just a little pain. I'll be okay."

Buffy helped her up, as she got to her own feet.

So together, they left to go to the Homecoming dance to see who won.

In the end, Cordelia and Xander won Homecoming, but Cordy was nice enough to give her reward to Buffy. So everybody lived happily ever after.