The Rivalry

Summary: What if Buffy ran into Cordelia in LA when she left Sunnydale after her mom found out about the whole Slayer thing? What would happen? Will Buffy go back home or stay in LA? Set in S4 of Buffy and S4E "Deep Down" in Angel. Combines with the Beast and Faith arriving. Jasmine never existed. What will happen between Buffy and Faith? Can they work together to help Cordelia, Angel, Connor, and Doyle kill the Beast, or will their rivalry contradict what they need to do to save the world from a total blackout? What will ignite between the two ex-lovers?

A/N: "Hero" never happened. Connor never put Angel in a crate. Someone else did. Nobody know who did it. Not even Angel. Lilah never stole Angel's soul from the jar.

Disclaimer: I own nothing of Buffy and Angel. They all belong to Joss Whedon and all the other creators of these awesome shows.

Sunnydale, CA; 9:20 p.m; Sunnydale Cemetery

Anya Christina Emanuella Jenkins

It's a dismal night as Xander, Willow, and I walk along the Sunnydale graveyard, Xander and I hand in hand, as the three of us patrol for vampires, demons, and etc. Buffy has been gone for a couple days now. She left after she told her mother Joyce, about her being the Vampire Slayer. I don't know for sure if she's coming back, but Willow and Xander think so.

Willow Rosenburg

The three of us walk around the graveyard. We're doing this for Buffy. At least, I know Xander and I are. Anya's probably just here to help Xander not get into danger. If I look back, I can say that she's worse than Cordelia when Cordelia was with Xander. I'm sure Buffy'll come back home after some time. She has to. Right? She's the Slayer. It's her job to kill evil in Sunnydale.

Xander Lavelle Harris

I walk in the graveyard hand in hand with Anya, Wills at my left side. We're all silent. Without Buffy here with us, we have nothing to talk about.

Los Angeles, CA; 8:30 p.m; Angel Investigations; Hyperion Hotel

Doyle

I walk into work. I see the Princess at her desk looking through papers and folders. We've been in search of Angel for almost eight months. I feel how much she cares for him. She has known him since she was a sophomore in high school. That's what she told me. I hope nothing happened to him. Angel and I have grown to be friends.

Cordelia Chase

I stop looking through stuff when I see Doyle walk in and start towards my desk.

"Mornin' Princess."

"Morning."

"Anything?" he asks me.

"I don't know. Maybe. What do you think?"

"Well, what did you find?"

"The day he went missing was when he was on his way to do something. I found a dated note of his. He was going to go to the dock by the ocean to go to a dimension to find Connor."