Mitigater

Summary: Set in S6 when Anya came back to Sunnydale. Anya gets into a car crash. Will someone find the injured human in time? Will she be saved? Read to find out.

It was a dark, cold, stormy night as Anya drove through the snowstorm. She was on her way towards her and Xander's apartment. She had left Sunnydale to think about things, but now she was back.

Suddenly, her car rolled and landed upside down in a ditch and her seatbelt tightened around her. She closed her eyes and waited for death to come for her.

A few hours later, Cordelia Chase parked her car on the side of the road, seeing a car in the ditch. She got out, closed the door behind herself, and slid herself carefully down into the ditch.

As soon as she opened the door, on her knees, she saw who it was.

"Hang on, Anya. I'm coming."

She crawled inside the car and let loose the seatbelt. She then dragged her all the way back to van. She opened the sliding door and gently dragged the blond inside, closing the door behind them.

She gently layed her down on the floor and knelt beside her. She took her gloves off and felt for a pulse on the side of her neck. She was alive. She took a cloth and dabbed it to the side of her face where dried blood was streaked. She had a few cuts on her face, too. A couple on her right cheeks and one on her forehead.

After the brunette had the almost bride's wounds cleaned and patched, she opened her eyes and shone a small light into them like a doctor would. She then closed them and put the light down. The almost bride was pale and freezing cold, so she gently dragged her in the passenger's seat, a warm blanket on her.

As the brunette drove her van, the blonde's head rolled slowly from side to side.

An hour later, as the Drama Queen pulled up in front of

Xander's parent's house in the back, the former Anyanka groaned.

Cordelia was going to get her safely to Xander's basement.

Hopefully, they still lived there.

Anya Jenkins slowly opened her eyes to see Cordelia in the driver's seat looking at her.

"Are you feeling better now?"

"Maybe. Vision is blurred and I feel a little shaky."

"You probably have a concussion. As for the shaking, you're going into shock. Do you guys still live in the basement?"

"No. Holly's Inn Apartments. Apartment 4B."

With that, she drove through the blinding snow towards the apartment. It was crucial to get Anya safely home where she could take care of her. She had to hurry. A concussion and shock combined could kill her if she wasn't taken care of ASAP.

Half an hour later, Anya Jenkins lay in bed, Cordelia seated at her bedside. She had tended to her with all she had. It was the best she could do for her now. Xander wasn't home yet. He was still at work. So he didn't know what had happened.

A few hours later, Anya was okay. So everybody lived as happily ever after as they could on the Hellmouth in Sunnydale.