Arc 2 : One Face, Two Identities (十一)

He could not read his thoughts. Lin Jia Qian hoped for nothing but the ability to move his limbs at the moment. Being trapped in another man's embrace was not something he would wish for in this world.

"General Mo. What do I have to do to explain to you that we are of the same gender? Stop treating me as you would to a lady."

"I do not play around with women. Not to worry."

"..." He was definitely made speechless. That was not what he questioned.

Mo Ran held Lin Jia Qian's head against his own chest. He knew Jin Xiao was still alive as his cheeks were warm from where he touched. He'd barely survived the chill caused by the second Yin frost pill. What would be more important than the fact that he was alive? Nothing else matters.

"This is very uncomfortable for me, General Mo. Can I at least have my own headrest back?"

"No. Get used to it. This will not be our first night together."

A simple answer shot him down. Lin Jia Qian's anger almost gone out of control. Mo Ran shut his eyes to rest but the man in his arms just would not stop struggling.

"Sleep, or else, shall we continue our conversation from the other time?"

"What conversation?"

"This." Mo Ran tilted Lin Jia Qian's head up and kissed him. To be attacked in his current condition ticked his mind off. A nerve bulged on his forehead, threatening to blow off his temper. Mo Ran released him at that point. Licking his lips with a tease.

"Still want to continue? Or you're ready to give me an answer?"

Lin Jia Qian was silent.

"I refuse."

"Refusal is not an answer. Think again."

He turned his head to the other side, at least away from directly facing his face.

I wished for you to wake up and you did. Mo Ran was smiling both in mind and physically but Lin Jia Qian would not be able to see it. They were at peace for the rest of the night.

Waking up at dawn by the sound of water trickling down, Lin Jia Qian once again found himself in not quite the ideal way he would want it to be. Being held naked within the water tub by Mo Ran in his arms while sitting on his lap was quite an embarrassing sight.

"General Mo, could you have just called in a servant to serve me in the bath? I cannot possibly have you to serve me. Do I have to repeat it that I am only a disabled man?"

"Why would I let someone else do it? Are you still not conscious of my reason?"

"As I said, I refuse. I don't even know how a man like me is your type. And once again, don't treat me like a woman." Lin Jia Qian stubbornly said.

"I like things that fit well in my arms." A random answer spun out from him.

"...then go get a wife. Any woman will fit." Lin Jia Qian gritted his teeth as he spoke.

"I prefer you." Mo Ran took him out of the tub, done with the washing. It took a long time to dress him up but Mo Ran patiently did it himself. Only then did he called in the servants to remove the bathwater.

He took him out of the room in his chair. Taking a short detour to the garden where Mo He Yun was playing with the puppy there. It came as a surprise to him at how tight the securities had become. Guards were everywhere he could place his eyes on. And there was another man standing next to the pond, watching them coming.

"Big brother." Lin Jia Qian called out. He thought of wanting to have him bring him back to Jin Manor.

But Jin Sheng was smiling. It was not anything weird but the sight of his current expression seemed to have some significant reason for it.