Chapter One

~ 1 year ~

Florida, 2020

Drinking law: 18+ (it's my world, I can do what I want 😂😤)

Things will go sort of fast due to it being a short story.

---

"In the end, we only regret the chances we didn't take." ~ unknown

"Live life to the fullest and focus on the positive." ~ Matt Cameron

_____ _____ _____ _____

'

Routines suck' Taehyung thought 'why is my life so boring? Everyone else is having fun or are happy, why not me?'

He stared at himself in the mirror, toothbrush hanging out of his mouth and bit of blue toothpaste on his dry, pink lips. His brown hair was pulled back by a headband and he was wearing nothing but a large T-shirt he bought at a thrift store that simply had "Gone" written on it in the middle and a pair of boxer shorts with puppies on them. His face was oily looking and he had a pimple near his temple that would be easily be covered by his hair once he combs it. He looked...normal, boring.

Everything about him was boring besides the fact that he's a foreigner but that's only exciting for others, not for him. His life is boring. His home: a small, one-bedroom, one-bath apartment with a somewhat pretty view of the city and minimalist decor; his car: a simple, white, Nisan Sentra with a flower necklace, a tree air freshener, and a flamingo hanging from the mirror; his job: a secretary at a popular business, just answering calls and making appointments. The only exciting thing in his life are his friends: Kim Namjoon, his long-term girlfriend Keunji, Kim Seokjin and his fiance Jung Hoseok.

Taehyung met Seokjin at school, the older male is in his last year of university, earning his bachelor's degree in medicine. They are in the same physics class and were paired together for a project. And through Seokjin, he met Hoseok. Through Taehyung, his friend group came together and Keunji isn't even mad she's the only female, she feels superior in a way.

His friends try to get him to do stuff, to push him out of his comfort zone, but the brunette always rejects their offers. So his life being boring is his fault and his fault only. Sometimes he can't help but wonder what and who he'd be if he had stayed in Daegu, but he shut that thought out because he knew he was better here than there.

Today, he didn't have anything to do. School was out, he didn't have to work, it was a Saturday, nice and hot outside.

He finished brushing his teeth and washed his mouth out before looking back into the mirror. 'I'm tired of looking so dull, so boring' he thought. He removed his headband and ran his fingers through his thick brown locks, watching them flop onto his forehead. Humming, he stood up straight and grabbed his phone from beside his sink. He unlocked it and went to his messages which was now much fuller than it was a year ago. He tapped on the group chat made by Hoseok which consisted of Hoseok as admin, Taehyung, Seokjin, Namjoon, and Keunji. He sent a quick text which gathered immediate responses.

The brunette lightly chuckled at their responses as walked into his bedroom, dropping his phone on his bed. He grabbed a pair of black joggers and changed his large T-shirt for one that fit him better.

Seokjin didn't lie when he said he'd be there in twenty minutes. The brunette was startled by insane knocking at his door and he was met with Seokjin holding a bag from a beauty store a few minutes from where Taehyung lived, Namjoon, and Keunji.