Part 22

A few weeks have passed and Sam has settled in nicely with the Pugh's.

Hope is now back in Seattle with Ava and they have spent the time getting to know each other better while Kelley and Mia have been doing the same on the opposite side of the country.

Ava walks out of the house one morning looking for Hope and finds her and a gentleman rounding up the chickens and loading them into the back of his truck. She sees and hears Ralph making it known that he isn't happy with his current accommodations and can't help but laugh at it.

"Serves him right for chasing me and Mia all the time, good riddance!" Ava thinks as she continues to watch on.

Once they are all collected Hope and the gentleman shake hands and the truck departs.

Hope walks over to Ava, "Morning." "Morning, Hope. So you were serious when you said you were selling the chickens."

"I was. Ava let's go inside so we can talk."

Hope washes up and then joins Ava in the living room with the dogs, who are now attached to her.

"Ava, I've really enjoyed having you here and getting to know you better."

"Me too, it's been fun doing some stuff with you that Mom would never allow me to do like shooting a gun."

"Please, don't lead with that when we get to Atlanta, okay, kid?"

Ava laughs, "No promises, it was pretty cool."

"Ava, I need to ask you something."

"What?"

"I've been doing a lot of thinking about everything, your Mom and I and you girls especially. Kelley and Mia know about the move to Georgia now and both are excited about it."

"I can't wait to have Mia and you in the same area as us."

"Um... well, Ava, about that ... I love your Mom, I always have and always will. What I'm trying to say is that I don't just want Mia and me to live in the same area as you and Kelley, I want us all to live together and I want to make our family whole again; I want to ask your Mom to marry me and be my wife and partner again. What do you think about that?"

"Are you asking for my permission to propose to Mom?" Ava looks at Hope all serious.

Hope nods, "I know everything has moved incredibly fast and we aren't even technically together right now, but I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make it and us happen. Before you answer I want to show you something." Hope stands up, walks over to her desk and pulls out a small box. Returning to the couch she opens the box and reveals two simple gold bands inside.

"Are they?"

Hope nods, "Yes, they are our original wedding bands. They are inscribed H+K=Forever, inside." Ava lifts up one of the rings and looks at the etching inside.

"You broke her heart. How do I know, you aren't going to do it again? Not to mention break Mia and me up again."

"Because I'm not the same person I was back then and I'm not going to run away at the first sign of trouble; I'm going to stay around and fight for those I love."

"Okay, you have my permission, but please don't hurt her."

"Thank you and I don't plan on ever hurting your Mom ever again."

"How are you planning on doing it? And are you planning on buying her a ring?"

"I am and I could use your help to pick one out for her; I know she doesn't do flashy."