2.1

Kitty hovered over Logan's head while he was laying down, ready to go back decades

Kitty hovered over Logan's head while he was laying down, ready to go back decades. "Basically, your body will go to your sleep while your mind travels back in time. Now, as long as you're back there, past and present will continue to coexist, but once you wake up....whatever you've done will take hold and become history. And the rest of us, it'll be the only history that we know. It'll be like the last fifty years never happened. And this world, and this war....the only person who will remember it is you. Alright, Logan. I need you to clear your head and to stay as calm as possible," she explained what would happen once she sent his consciousness back to 1973.

"What? What do you mean?" He questioned, concern echoing in his tone.

"If your mind gets rocky, it'll be harder for me to hold you, and you could start to slip between past and future," Kitty explained to him.

Logan asked, "What if I need to get a little rocky?"

"You could always think of puppies," Gabriela offered her idea of what Logan should do but he was not amused with her suggestion.

"Think peaceful thoughts?" Kitty suggested with a shrug of her shoulders, her idea not much more helpful than Gabriela's.

"Puppies and peaceful thoughts," Logan repeated to himself before looking up at Kitty. "You have any good news?" He asked as he had not received any benefits from their conversation.

"Well, I mean, you don't really age, so you'll pretty much look the same," Kitty thought of the only good news that she could think of.

Bobby interrupted the conversation between the two. "You won't have much time in the past. The sentinels will find us. They always do."

"And this time, we won't be able to run," Kitty let Logan know how high the stakes were if he failed to change the past. "We'll have no escape. This is our last chance."

"See you all soon," Logan mumbled before Kitty placed her hands on either side of Logan's head. She activated her powers, a light blue emitting from her hands leading to Logan which resulted in him screaming and releasing his claws from between his knuckles.

• • •

Logan pulled his car to a stop and shut the ignition off. He pulled the keys out and pushed on the door handle and he climbed out of the car and jogged up the steps to the mansion. He made a fist and knocked on the door.

Hank McCoy swung the door open cautiously, peering up at the man he had never seen before. "Can I help you?"

"Uh, yeah, what happened to the school?" The strange man replied as he looked around the house because it seemed abandoned to him.