CHAPTER 19

Roseline Pov

Louis had improved a lot in his magic ability since the testing. His magic attributes are water and air. He is a tough opponent for me when compared to Gavin because he is good at long range attacks unlike Gavin who is more into hand to hand combat. Even though I was one of the strongest in my previous life, it cannot be taken into consideration in this world where the variable like magic exists. So I need to be cautious.

Anyway it's all or nothing. Keep your cool Rosaline. You can do it. I motivated myself. I could hear the crowd cheering for me.

Suddenly a huge tidal wave crashed onto me. I can hear a buzzing sound in my ear .There was silence all around me even though I can see everyone's mouth moving. Did my ear drums blast during his attack?

Which jerk attacked me from the side? When I looked over, It seems to be the Louis. He is telling me something. Let's see. I will try to read his lips.

"Now who is daydreaming..huh" he started snickering."Just because you defeated Gavin by some fluke don't think of being overconfident okay. A sword won't do any single thing against a magician especially when the one who wields the sword is not trained"

"I will finish you with my next move. Didn't you want to kill Lycaria. Now I will show you how to feels to be killed. I didn't have any opponents to test this out yet. You will be the first one."

He suddenly cast a fast moving bubble towards me. Even though I tried to slash it with Sakura it didn't have any effect. It engulfed me. I tried to cut it with my sword multiple times but it was of no use.

"I told you didn't I ...You can't escape. Do you know what's the effect of the air bubble?"

That's when I understood why I felt difficulty in breathing. I thought it was due to my repetitive hits. He is cutting off my air supply. It's too suffocating. The queen is giving me a look saying don't waste my precious time. Just give up already. My parents are smiling from ear to ear.

I need to conserve my air and think of something.

But suddenly Louis casted another spell then water started filling up the bubble.

My mind is going blank. I am sinking into the water. My eyes are getting blurry.

Think me think..Maybe I am better off dead.

No..I can't be pessimistic. It took me a lot of courage and patience to be here. I can't mess this up after all I went through to get here.

How can I escape this. First I need to think about all the possibilities. I have my sword. But its movement is restricted . I am here in this situation because I was too confident of my swordsmanship forgetting that this is a magic based world. Even if I knew that my magic level is still weak and all I got is water and space..Wait..water...Since it is a fantasy world,maybe imagination is the key.Since I also have water ability.Then...

I close my eyes. I am surrounded by water. Water is my realm. It feels warm and homely. Even though Louis is the one who cast the magic since the base element is water maybe I can control it. Think of water, Power it up and apply pressure on the air bubble. But I lost half of my strength now with fighting nonstop. If I were to do that now then Louis can still defeat me in my weak state .When I break the bubble open ,I need to defeat him in the next second so that he doesn't have the time to counter. What to do now???

While I am thinking all this I am getting sleepier. I can't muster up my strength.

I suddenly had a vision of a duel I had with my grandfather when I was a child in my previous life .He was too strong for me. No matter what plan I made I couldn't defeat him. One day I cried and asked him what should I do to defeat him.

He said "when you fight against others you were confident that you will win so you never guard up against others. But when you fight against me, your brain stops your heart from working. You think of me as powerful person but never as an old man with white hair and wrinkly face, so you think a lot on how to defeat me and I use that opportunity to defeat you.

Always remember who we are. We are muscle-brained fools and you see our family has hoarded a great deal of luck on our side so instead of wasting time thinking just go ahead and do something and because of the luck on our side everything will be fine along the way. So go with the flow my child."

I opened my eyes. So now or never huh..

The bubble exploded. I took a mouthful of air.

Well he looks shocked."How is this even possible?"

The crowd cheered for me. The queen looks amazed.

"Even though you have escaped, You don't even have the energy to stand. I wonder how you will defeat me."

He must have figured out how I escaped so he threw a highly condensed air ball at me.

I dodged it. He started throwing it continuously. I dodged most of them but the last one hit me. I hid behind a rock.

"This will be your defeat."He said.

If this continues I will die for sure.

I revealed myself.

"Wait"I said.

"Do you want to surrender.??Well its too late now."

"WOAH LOOK OVER THERE SOMEONE IS KIDNAPPING LYCARIA!!!.SAVE HER!!"

He looked over to the other side,"LYCARIA"

She looked fine."Just because it's nearing the end you wish for her to be kidnap----"(THUD)

He fainted on the arena.

The crowd was spellbound.

What actually happened was that, The time when he looked over for Lycaria, his guard weakened to protect her. I used that time to run up to him and used the back of my sword to hit him in his head. He fainted right after that.

Back in my family, since injuries were there every day, we used to do this to make people faint instead of using painkillers. Since I am too proficient in it, He fainted right after one hit.

Well, as a defense, I have to say, He always lacked a hit to his head.

"How can you use trickery as a mean to defeat him? This battle is invalid "the queen said.

"Your Majesty, deception in other words can also be termed as war tactics. If the guy easily sways by my words,then how can he ever fight in a battle outside in the society.It is his decision whether to believe it or not. If he didn't believe it,I maybe the one on the floor. Isn't that right"

"Fine then.I will give you this win .Let Darius enter.You know the rules. Even though you don't even have the strength to stand ,there will be no resting period "said the queen.

The crowd cheered since I only need one more win to my freedom.

I used my sword to stand when Darius entered.

He looked at me and said."How about this,Both of us use swords as our weapons. No one in the academy can ever stand after my strongest attack.I will use it.You also use your strongest attack.The last one standing will win.I prefer this instead of a prolonged battle."

He looked at the queen.

The queen looked at me and sighed"Ok.I will permit that"

"Both of you on the count of three ready yourself and use your strongest attack the last one standing will win"

The girls in the crowd with the banners started crying.Everyone looked at me with their sympathetic eyes as if my defeat is already predicted since I don't even have the energy to stand let alone fight against Darius.

I took a deep breath and smiled.

As if I am going to be demotivated.

I am going to win this and get the hell out of this country..