Part 1

Endless waves of blue flowed carefully down her waist, each hair in a set place. Her red leather jacket stuck out in the crowd, glistening against the sun's powerful rays. Paired with a simple white top and a dark royal blue skater skirt. Freely she walked in velvet blue heeled boots, making it look ever so easy for bystanders. She carefully planned her route through the bustling street, strutting down the street like it was a catwalk. She stood tall and proud, carefully applying another layer of gloss to her lips. Drawing as much attention as she could from wide- eyed bystanders.

She lifted out her crimson red purse, locked by chains of gold, engraved the name 'EVIE' in small capitals. She purchased some strawberries and a punnet of blueberries, giving the market stall owner a smile as she flicked her hair and left. Another stall caught her eye, mismatched fabric hung from the side. She picked up the pieces planning out what outfits and accessories she could create, she placed a few in her bag after paying the merchant.

She started walking more slowly. She looked behind her to see the market stalls, each one fit for a different purpose. The multicoloured tarps all advertised different products from meat to children's toys. The market place was crowded with swarms of families, children begging for teddies. Yet everyone seemed happy and amused by one another. However Evie stood alone, she let her eyes go glossy yet not one tear fell down her cheek. She quickly pulled herself together and dabbed her eyes with a tissue.

She unlocked her purse and took her phone out (1 missed call from M), ever since their argument last night Evie had been ignoring Mals calls. Mal was the only person Evie had since moving to Auradon, Carlos and Jay were around but they were too tied up with their own stuff like sports and puppies. Even Mal had been quite distant since the big move, with the stress of her being the supposed Kings girlfriend and actually having to go to school.

On the Isle it was different, there wasn't much to do apart from hang around with each other stealing stuff. Evie found it hard enough to remember to pay for everything she buys. If one thing goes wrong in Auradon she could be sent back to the Isle and lose all her luxuries including the fresh food.

She looked down at her phone again (1 voicemail), Evie quickly unlocked her phone and held it up to her ear.

'Hey E it's M, I'm really sorry about everything I said, it wasn't right and I was scared, I don't want to mess this up...us up. And I know things have been different since we left the Isle... but things will eventually go back to before, and we can be together again... because I love you Evie, please don't ever forget that.'

Evie held her phone up to her cheek and let a small tear drop down. She started to type out a long message but as she went to press send she stopped. Erasing the long paragraph, she rewrote '10 pm under the bleachers .' She contemplated putting a kiss, but couldn't bring herself to do it.

Although Evie was really upset with Mal she couldn't give up what they had, even if it was hard to carry on. They had built up this really strong support system together and relied heavily on each other. Their lives in Auradon were a lie, from the outside Ben and Mal were a mismatched couple who loved each other very much. But in reality Mal had been sleeping with Evie ever since moving to Auradon, her and Ben hadn't even kissed each other yet. They only touch hands whenever it is absolutely necessary, such as public events and outings.

Mal just wanted her friends to be safe within Auradon, she didn't want to put their new life in jeopardy because of love. Ben loved her and she could tolerate him on the good days which was much better than her whole life on the Isle. Although she did enjoy tormenting little kids and causing mayhem, she was finally starting to settle in with the prissy princesses, which was obviously hard for Mal to admit.

Evie was destined to be an Auradon girl, back on the Isle she relied on Mal to protect her and be there for her. Whereas in Auradon, Evie was able to thrive on her own, she built up her own clothing brand. She was surprising really smart, considering they never had a school that taught them anything educational, she was a maths whizz. Evie was proud of what she had accomplished in her short stay at Auradon prep and didn't want to lose what she had worked really hard for.

Evie decided she would go back to the dorms to put away her shopping and do a quick dress change before meeting Mal. She opened her purse and retrieved her keys she entered her and Mals dorm room. After their argument, Mal had packed a bag and stormed off to Carlos and Jays dorm room and Evie stayed in the room. Evie slumped into the room and dropped her purse on the carpeted floor and carefully hung her red leather jacket up so it didn't crease.She unzipped her boots, with a sigh of relief she touched the fluffy carpet.

She glanced over towards Mals untouched bed, she wandered over, she sat on the edge of her bed and traced her fingers across the lilac duvet cover. It was so soft yet so cold, she pulled up her legs onto the end of the bed and lifted them up to her stomach, in almost a fetal position. Evie pressed her cheek against Mals silk pillow. She remembered buying Mal the silk pillows because they felt so soft and also kept her hair from looking like a disaster when she woke up. She brought the pillow down to her face, chuckling into it, the laughs quickly turned into tears as she reminisced on the past, how far her and Mal had come all to be ruined by a stupid argument.

Evie finally pulled herself together and sat up, she wanted to impress Mal and get her girl back for good. Although Evie loved dressing up and being glam she knew Mal always avoided this whenever possible. She removed her makeup and started afresh, she looked at her bare face and picked up her concealer, she took another look and sealed the concealer up. She realised Mal didn't care about all of that stuff just her as she was. She looked in her wardrobe it was full of a mixture of royal blue and crimson red dresses. She pushed all of them aside and picked up a box labelled 'ISLE'.

Evie hadn't looked inside the box since her first day at Auradon, she always tried her hardest to put the past in the past. But she couldn't just lock 16 years of her life away, 16 years of memories, 16 years of love. She lifted up the lid of the box, inside was all her prized possessions from the Isle, there wasn't much but it still held a special place in heart. She picked up a pair of rundown jeans, they were filled with mismatched pieces of fabric because back on the isle ripped jeans were not trendy. Evie blushed as she remembered what she had to wear. She recalled making these jeans and spending days with Mal going through piles of trash to find spare pieces of fabrics. She spotted the shredded tee in the box and grabbed it, the holes and scratch marks were there when Evie found it but yet she still managed to pull the look off.

Evie pulled on the jeans and the shredded tee, she inspected the box and discovered her old sneakers. They were a size too small, the soles were completely worn out, as soon as she fitted them onto her feet she felt like she was back home. A shiver entered her spine as she realised all she had left behind. A glare came from the box, she opened it up to find her mothers magic mirror, she saw her reflection through the cracked screen. This is what little Evie had dreamed of, moving away from the Isle and becoming a fashionista. Yet now she has got it she wants more, she wants love.

Evie took one last glance in the mirror she brushed her hair through and put it in a messy bun, 'Perfect' she whispered under her breath 'Now for a jacket'. She didn't want something too flashy, she wanted it to feel like old times. She emptied out the box it was just full of crumpled pieces of paper and random pieces of junk. She picked up a scrunched up note 'this is Mals handwriting?'

' Dear Miss Evie Of The Isle,

You are perfect. Like really perfect, I don't deserve you but I love you so is there any chance you can lower your standards for this awkward girl. Because I would really really really like that. A LOT. Love you lots and lots and lots and lots,

Your girl forever Mal'

An alarm went off on her phone 9:55pm 'I'm going to be late' she scrunched the note into her jeans pocket and decided to leave the jacket. She grabbed her keys and left the room.