Part 8

Evie managed to reach her dorm room, the door was unlocked, she didn't question it, she couldn't question it.

She immediately retreated beside her bed. She felt a huge weight against her chest, preventing her from breathing.

She sat on the carpeted floor and bundled herself together. Her knees tucked tightly into her chest an unbreakable bond formed between her hands and elbows as she dug her fingernails in. She placed her head onto her knees squeezing in as tight as possible.

She wanted to escape, rewind everything that had happened in the last hour. She couldn't. She felt powerless, useless. It was too much for her to process. Her body shut down, all her thoughts had stopped, she was stuck.

She heard the door open and a little voice shouted 'Evie, I'm back.'

Every bone in her body wanted to scream to Mal 'Help me!', yet she was incapable of making a single sound.

Mal assumed Evie wasn't back as she never replied.

She slumped herself on top of her bed, letting out a huge sigh as she stared up at the ceiling. 

What had she just done? She had just dug herself into a bigger hole. Ben believed that they could be this happy couple and reign Auradon together. Did she really want to be the boss of all those prissy princesses and perfect princes? It would be pretty cool to tell them what they can and cannot do. But also, they were so annoying already imagine having to put up with them every hour of the day.

Mal sat up, taking a deep breath in and out. She thought to herself 'The future is so far away, why am I worrying now?'

She opened her eyes. Her eyes instantly locked to the blue haired girl.

'Evie. Oh my god, Evie!' She frantically ran over to her.

'Evie, Evie are you okay? Can you just look at me for just a second?' Her voice was panicked but she attempted to soften it:

'Please Evie' She tried to comfort her by placing her hand on Evies arm.

She saw Evies arm dripping with blood, due to the strength her nails were pushing through her skin.

Evie still stayed huddled up, her legs tight against her chest.

Mal just sat there, she felt helpless, she stared at the blue haired girl. She sat there with her legs tight to a chest and her knees covering her face. Mal had never seen Evie like this, even on the Isle. Evies body started to move in a circular motion. Mal didn't know how to react, she had never seen Evie like this, even on the Isle.

Mal attempted to get closer to Evie, she didn't know how to care for her, she didn't know how to protect her.

Evies condition continued to deteriorate, it had only been a few minutes, but it felt like hours.

Mal tried her best to comfort her, she wanted Evie to know she was there, even if she couldn't help her physically.

'Evie I am right here, I will always be here, even if I feel useless like now...... But on a lighter note I've heard they are selling these really nice ice-creams outside this week because of the heatwave. I don't know whose selling them yet but when I find them, I'll ask them if they can make blueberry... with them things .... CHOCOLATE CHIPS.... because I know you love them.'

Mal could see Evie starting to calm down, her breaths were starting to become more in sync with each other.

'Remember back on the Isle when we used to pretend to be street merchants... I was really bad at it because I kept stealing our rotten stock... rotten leftovers. Who would've thought we'd be here living the luxury? Like we have actual beds, we have nice food, we are able to have a life without worrying... even though we are always worrying about something.'