Part 9

Mal didn't tell the Jay and Carlos what had happened with Evie, partly because she hadn't really understood what had happened herself but also because they would have probably overreacted.

She just told them that she wanted to crush their asses at Mario Kart, and they didn't question it. Mal kept checking her phone in case Evie had messaged her, but she hadn't. After approximately eight rounds of Mario Kart, she decided to head back to their dorm.

'What's up princess, fed up of losing?' Jay shouted as Mal reached the door.

'I was not losing. I won 2 games' Mal argued back.

Carlos joined in 'Well you didn't exactly win, Jay and I tied'

'So, I came in second then'

'You mean last place' Carlos let out a laugh, trying to irritate Mal into playing another round.

'Whatever' Mal rolled her eyes back at the two boys.

Usually she would grab a hold of the controller and play another round, just to prove she could beat the two of them. But she was too worried about the blue princess back at the dorm room to play another round.

'See you later... LOSER' Jay shouted to Mal as she closed the door.

Mal was unbothered she just wanted to check on Evie, it had been about 45 minutes since she had left the room, but it felt like hours.

She unlocked the dorm room door and entered the serene room to see Evie fast asleep snuggled into the blanket she had previously wrapped around her.

Mal quietly shut the door trying to make minimal noise so she didn't wake the girl up.

She took a seat next to Evie's bed and looked at her girlfriend.

Mal watched Evie, she looked at peace, with no worries whatsoever, which was very different to how she looked less than an hour ago. What caused Evie to get in that state? Mal wondered.

Three hours ago, her and Evie were snuggled into one another with barely any worries in the world. Now Evie was fast asleep after that horrific panic attack.

She wanted to kill whoever got her girl in that state, Mal was like 90% sure it wasn't her fault that Evie was this worked up. The other 10% was guilt. Guilt that she didn't tell Ben to get out of her life but how could she do that without causing the four of them problems.

Mal heard a little whisper come from under the duvet 'Mal'

'I'm right here E' Mal answered back, extending her arm for Evie to hold.

Evie sat up; her face stained with tear marks. She reached out for Mals hand, letting out a little smile.

Mals eyes widened as she saw Evie's arms covered in blood. Evie looked down and saw her red arms.

'Where the hell did this come from?' Evie shouted.

She didn't want to create a scene because she knew Evie was already stressed enough, so it was easier to ignore the question. 'Let's get you cleaned up princess', Mal guided Evie towards the bathroom.

She turned the hot tap on and sat Evie on the toilet seat.

Evie was in disbelief at the state of her arms, they were quite painful to touch but she didn't know what had happened to them.

'Mal seriously, why are my arms covered in blood?' Evie watched Mal grab a towel out of the medicine cabinet.

'Evie. Do you remember what happened before?' Mal asked looking over at the lost girl.