23

"Where's my little princess" I shouted walking into my apartment

"Here mummy" I heard a voice come out from the blanket fort which covered the sofa, followed by her head popping out.

"Did you have a good day with mamma?" I asked placing the bags on the counter.

"Yeah we build a fort" she grinned.

"I can see baby, it's amazing. Now the question is, is there space for mummy" I smiled as I made sure my gun was out of summers reach.

"There's always room for mummy" she beamed making my heart melt.

"Hey sweetheart" mum smiled at me. "How was work?"

"We got him" I breathed

"Got who?" She asked as she made me a coffee.

"The guy that killed Harry" I said "he tried shooting me twice so I popped 2 in his chest"

"As long as you are ok" she said putting her hand on my shoulder.

"I feel great. I finally got the closure I didn't even know I needed" I said picking at the grated cheese in the fridge.

"Good to hear, now stop snacking dinner won't be long" she said swatting my hand away from the cheese bag.

"But Ma" I whined. Yes I was 31 but I never acted my age.

"Quit whining" she laughed

"Oh before I forget I brought us wine, and junk food for after dinner" I said unpacking the bags putting the wine in the fridge.

"Aren't you working tomorrow?" She asked as she stirred what ever she was cooking.

"Nah after today I've taken some personal time. I've got the whole week off" I smiled. "Hanks orders"

"I'm glad Hank is looking after you" she smiled.

"I'm gonna go get changed" I nodded before heading into my room to change into my jammies. Pulling my hair into a messy bun I slipped adams hoodie on before walking back out into the living room joining summer in her blanket fort.

She was such a mummy's girl and loved a good cuddle. I smiled as she climbed into my lap.

"What did you do with mamma today" I asked playing with her hair.

"We went and fed the ducks, went to the park and built this fort" she grinned as she played with my necklace.

"Sounds like you had a busy day" I laughed.