Sometimes Broken Families Don't Heal

Legolas sat in his room clutching his teddy bear for dear life sobbing his little heart out rocking himself back and forth trying to be as quiet as possible for he didn't want Thranduil to hear and come yell at him again.
He couldn't believe that his mother was gone he had been on a picnic with her then BAM!!! Orcs came out of nowhere his mother hid him in a tree and fought them the best she could but there was too many they tortured her for hours then finally went away Legolas had climbed out of his tree fast as his little legs could carry him and held his mother's hand for the last time she told him to stay strong and grow up to be the brave Elf she always knew he would be he told her he loved her and begged her not to leave him but it was no use she died with little Legolas in her arms.
Fresh hot tears came to his eyes from remembering the sad memory, he had been found an hour later by his father and his patrol Thranduil had looked at him dead in the eyes and said ''You are a failure why did you ever have to be born if it wasn't for you she wouldn't have died you are NOTHING to me!'' and shut him in his room never offering a bit of comfort.
He heard his Ada come towards his room he went deathly pale 'What am i going to do!?' he thought frightened he toddled around trying to figure out what to do he decided against hiding he would just get yelled at he scampered up into his bed as soon as possible and pretended he was asleep.
Thranduil quietly entered the room shutting the door soundlessly behind him he walked to Legolas's bed and stared at him for awhile almost as if he was testing Legolas to see if he was faking or not.
It was the hardest thing Legolas had ever done he was freaking out on the inside scared to death that he would be found out and be punished but somehow he managed to maintain his composure and not move an inch and fooled the Elven King, Thranduil eventually walked away fortunately he did pat and kiss Legolas's head he wasn't that heartless.
Legolas breathed the biggest sigh of relief he opened his eyes clutched his teddy bear tighter and wondered what to do now 'he was too afraid to walk around in the Castle what if Ada yells at me again?'
'What if life never goes back to normal....what..w-h-hat if i fade what if Ada fades, what if Ada will abuse me if i step out of my room then i'll have to run away.....what am i going to do!?'
Legolas sat in his bed worrying over all the possibilities he eventually made up his mind tomorrow morning he would go to breakfast and if Ada was mean to him he would run away to Imladris and live with the twins and Elrond.

**************
The next morning came and Legolas slowly and quietly walked through the halls to breakfast wringing his hands worrying 'Maybe i should go back maybe this is a bad idea..NO i have to do this!'
The little Prince entered the room Thranduil was just entering as well the King looked sharply at Legolas surprised he had come which only made Legolas more nervous and regret this even more.
They both sat down quietly and started eating, Legolas only nibbled at his food but Thranduil didn't notice or just didn't care.
Everything was as quiet as a winters morn till Legolas accidentally spilled his milk on the table it landed with a bang servants rushed to the table cleaning up the mess and reassuring their little Prince it was all right and that he shouldn't cry over spilled milk but Legolas's lower lip was quivering hot tears welled up in his eyes completely heart broken that his perfect plan didn't work and that Thranduil was going to yell at him, sadly he was right Thranduil was smoking you could almost see the steam coming off him his eyes were flashing with fury over just an accident.
The servants looked at each other they knew what was going to happen and they were determined not to let it they LOVED their little Prince the whole Kingdom did everyone was heartbroken for their golden Prince losing his mother they knew that now that the Queen was dead nobody would be there to love Legolas and nobody there to stop the King and protect Legolas from his anger.
Estellion ( one of the two servants) quickly scooped him up and ran out of the room as quietly and quickly as possible, Legolas was sobbing by the time they made it to his room, they locked the door and laid him down on his bed Elanjar put Legolas in his lap and rubbed his tummy and shushed him gently he rocked the little Prince till he calmed down and fell asleep.
Estellion and Elanjar looked at each other for a moment Elanjar broke the silence ''What are we going to do after what we did the King will be furious with us and most of all Prince Legolas Eru only knows what he will do to him!?''
Estellion thought for a moment twisting one of his braids between his fingers ''I think the safest thing to do for the Prince is take him to Imladris Lord Elrond and his sons will protect him they would make a good family for him.''
Elanjar nodded ''I agree let us go tonight till then let us stay in here and if the King comes...''
''We fight for the Prince's life.''