Sometimes Broken Families Don't Heal

Legolas had fallen asleep an hour or so ago Aredhel could see the gates of Imladris the guards welcomed her in after telling them who she was and what she was doing.

***************

She rode into Imladris and dismounted from her horse she picked Legolas up a servant went to take care of her horse,she walked up to the door and was about to knock when the doors FLEW open and out came running Eladdan and Elrohir the sons of Lord Elrond and nearly knocked her down Legolas woke immediately and shrieked ''Ewaddan Elwohiw!!!!''he screamed excitedly.
They took him from her arms and hugged him and started asking him questions not even noticing Aredhel ''Why are you here Legolas?'' ''Is your ada alright?'' ''Are you alright?'' ''How have you been?'' ''EXCUSE ME WOULD YOU SHUT UP FOR A MINUTE AND LET ME TALK!!!!!!!''Aredhel screamed over their questions they stopped immediately and looked at her never even knowing she was there.
She straightened her posture,brushed her dress down,and cleared her throat''Now i am Aredhel Legolas's ummm......''she paused 'what am i exactly babysitter no....'she thought Aredhel looked to Legolas he shrugged ,the twins looked at her ''Your his....'' Eladdan said ''I am Legolas's .....i take care of him.''she said finally.The twins nodded ''So Legolas why are you here?''Elrohir asked ''Awedhel took me here to protect me from ada he got very angry and he killed our friends,Aredhel said you and Lowd Elwond would be my family.''he explained.
They lost some of the color in their faces''Thranduil is coming after you?''Eladdan said not really wanting to know the answer ''Well we haven't seen him so we're not really sure but Legolas is definitely not safe there anymore.''Aredhel answered ''Come ada will know what to do.''Elrohir said.
The twins led them through the Castle Aredhel was carrying Legolas again he pulled on her dress she looked down at him''Yes Legolas.'' ''Las is going to stay isn't he?'' she rubbed his head and kissed him ''Yes Legolas don't worry if they say no i'll make them keep us i will protect you and love and care for you.''she said kindly ''I love you Aredhel.'' ''I love you too Legolas.''.
They entered Lord Elrond's study ''Ada Legolas and his...friend is here Thranduil wants to kill him.'' Elrond looked up from his book quickly at that ''What how long have you been on the run?'' ''We have been traveling for about two days.''Aredhel answered ''They want to stay here ada.''Elrohir said ''Of course you may i will treat Legolas as one of my own you may stay here for the rest of your lives if you wish.''Elrond said kindly.
Aredhel and Legolas both breathed a sigh of relief ''Thank you my Lord.''Aredhel said respectfully ''No no call me Elrond you and Legolas are part of the family now.'' ''Thank you..Elrond.''she said Elrond smiled at her warmly ''Come you must want to bathe and rest from your journey before dinner you will be joining us won't you?'' ''Oh of course Elrond Legolas needs a good hot dinner rather than Lembas.''.
Elrond and the twins led them to their room and left, ''Alright Legolas i'm going to give you a bath then i'm going to take my own and then it will be time for dinner.'' Legolas nodded he HATED baths but he liked it when she did them she always added extra bubbles and let him play.
He undressed she picked him up and put him in the bath gently he started playing with the bubbles and started splashing everywhere ''Legolas sweetie let me wash your hair.'' he splashed her right in the face she spluttered and grinned while he was dieing of laughter ''Oh yeah you wanna go.'' she teased she splashed him in the face and dunked him under the water for a few seconds he giggled they had a splash fight and threw bubbles everywhere and died of laughter.
After finishing their battle they finished up the bath and Aredhel took her own soon they were skipping down the hallway holding hands and laughing and teasing each other,they entered the dining room and sat down next to each other Elrond smirked at them ''So who won the splash battle?'' Aredhel blushed ''I did it was a proud victory!'' she laughed Eladdan looked at Elrohir ''Remember our splash battle El?''
Elrohir started laughing ''What happened?''Legolas asked ''We-we-''the twins couldn't answer they were laughing so hard once they finally calmed down Eladdan answered''El almost got me drowned ada ran in after hearing me scream there was water everywhere so when he ran in he slipped right on his arse robes flying everywhere it was HILARIOUS it was so slippery it took an hour for us to get out!''the twins fell out of their chairs laughing Elrond was chuckling himself Aredhel and Legolas had tears in their eyes from laughing so hard. They laughed all throughout dinner sharing hilarious stories they went to the family room after dinner and sat by the fire the twins,Aredhel,and Elrond drinking wine and Legolas drinking some tea.
''Can i come with you hunting tomowwow please?''Legolas asked the twins from his seat on Aredhel's lap the twins looked at each other thinking for a moment ''If Aredhel is okay with it.''they said Legolas looked up at her with puppy eyes she sighed 'don't look don't look' she couldn't stand it anymore ''Fine you can go but stay close to the twins okay.'' he clapped his little hands together ''YAYYY!!!'' ''Thank you Aredhel!'' ''You're welcome Legolas.'' 'I have a bad feeling about this...i must just be being overprotective'

**********
They all departed to bed soon Aredhel tucked Legolas in and kissed him and put her hand on his cheek ''I love you Legolas please be careful tomorrow i'll miss you baby.'' ''I'll be careful i promise the twins will protect me don't worry.'' she kissed him again ''Goodnight Aredhel.'' ''Goodnight sweetie.'' she still had a bad feeling about the trip.