Introduction

Introduction

Atelophobia

-Peter.B. Parker-

     "The young girl's perspective blurred as the world around her changed, trapped in a silicone-vague room, six visible mirrors surrounded her body, trapping her from escape. Four- no, five ladies appeared in each mirror, all of which contained prize-winning smiles with divine facial features along with slim, curved bodies. Their beautiful, distinct, styled hair matched perfectly, as they wore long ravishing gowns. Deviating, unique textures, with bright radiating colors, lay so effortlessly on their bodies.

     The dresses hugged each lady's refined curve. Y/n was mesmerized by each look, her attention fixated on every small detail in the ladies' picture-perfect reflection. She admired the structure that each blooming model contained, a longing she could pull off the same essence. Taking her time to study each lady in all their glory, the young girl finally took the time to turn to the hollow mirror behind her...

     Unlike the other mirrors, which were defined with rosy, blooming flowers and pretty fairy lights, this one was designed to look hideous, as a puke green, gray color dawned on the edges of the mirror. Dead flowers hung low and rusty- broken light bulbs surrounded it. No light dared to take the mirror in view. To the young girl's horror, her reflection stared back, her morale plummeting.

     Biting her lip the girl tried to not let her, already watering eyes, let any tears seep. "Nightmare number two." She breathed as she took a long look at the grunge-looking- what she called a troll of a monster in front of her.

Insecurity was the prompt of this nightmare. Every tiny discomfort the girl took from herself plastered proudly on her body..." Peter read, enticed by the book, each read-only becoming more enjoyable to him.

+•••+

***