Crawl out through the Fallout

It had taken a good amount of coaxing for you to finally get out of bed. Between the soft mattress you've come to love, the spice based scent mixed with a hint of cigarette smoke filling your nose, and of course Jotaro's arms keeping you as a willing hostage. The both of you guilty of falling back asleep several more times, just holding one another, unsure of when you'd get an opportunity like this again. You became fully awake once his mother knocked on the door, you scrambling to hide behind Jotaro's large form, ducking under the covers.

"Jotaro," She called in a sing-song voice through the door, "I'm going to the store, do you need anything?" A lump formed in your throat as you balled your fists into the back of Jotaro's shirt, praying that his mother didn't barge in and see you here. Your eyes followed the curve of his shoulder blade, landing on the pinkish colored star birthmark. If you weren't so panicky, you probably would have reached up and traced it with your finger; it was so unique.

"No." He said in a gruff tone, sounding deeper than usual from sleep. His mother hummed on the other side of the door before responding, "If you think of anything, then call me. Love you!"

"Jotaro." You said in a panicked whisper, tugging on his shirt. He looked over his shoulder at you, your eyes wide with worry. "My shoes. My shoes are by the door." He didn't share the same fears, instead just giving you an indefinite look. "Your moms going to know that I slept with you." You nearly slapped a hand to your mouth, wishing your dumbass would be more conscious of your word choices. You buried your very red face into his back, mumbling a 'you know what I mean'.

"It's fine. She probably won't even notice. Even if she did, who cares?" You couldn't imagine being so blasé in this situation, but then again, you weren't Jotaro Kujo. You could hear the front door open and close, echoing through the large house. You breathed a sigh of relief once the door was shut, praying that Ms. Holly didn't notice the out of place shoes by her son's. Thankfully, with his mother gone, you didn't have to ninja your way out of his home in some pseudo walk-of-shame.

You and Jotaro's good bye was drawn out, him making sure that you weren't still running a fever before even allowing you out of the house, as well as telling you to text him once you got home; the tone in his voice reading: 'if you don't I will come kick your door in and make damn sure you made it there'. The two of you kissed good bye, caution thrown to the wind about either of you worrying about getting sick, or "more sick", at this point.

You woke up Monday morning feeling mildly better, thanks to Doctor Kujo and the large doses of medication you took when you got home, chasing it down with orange juice. You were well enough to go to school at least, a cough still present, but probably not lethal to anyone. You stretched and got dressed for school, pulling your jacket on, the familiar scent of Jotaro ghosting over your senses, the smell caught in the fibers from you visit it seemed. You certainly didn't mind, of course, finding it comforting. You lifted your backpack onto your back with some difficulty, still not back to your full strength, not to mention the additional books you had stashed in there thanks to the stunt you pulled on Friday. Walking to school was going to suck. You had absolutely no idea what awaited you, what students knew what, and what rumors had been conjured up over the weekend, but you were ready to face them head on; so you told yourself, anyway.

You approached the gates, the usual heard of girls standing by, but instead of the as-of-recent glares you'd been receiving, they gave you odd looks, confused by you as if you were an abstract painting as opposed to a simple high schooler. You felt on edge as a few stepped into your path, worried that they somehow caught onto your little game, your fight-or-flight senses heightening.

"Hey, (Y/n), right?" You immediately noticed that instead of the hateful tone you'd been used to from the girls, this girl sounded unsure almost. You weren't sure if that was because of whatever her oncoming statement may be or if she actually didn't know your name, but you squared your shoulders, nodding. "Is it true?"