Nothing to Fear but Anxiety and Fear

Confession: I'm terrified to post this chapter bc there's so many things going on

Confession: I'm terrified to post this chapter bc there's so many things going on. I actually don't like writing canon characters bc I'm always afraid that I'll had missed or forgotten something, and some weeb will be like "ACTUALLY, IN VOLUME 4 OF STARDUST CRUSADERS, PAGE 17, PANEL 3, AVDOL CLEARLY STATES THAT HE PREFERS GARLIC POWER OVER ONION POWDER, U FAKE FAN PIECE OF TRASH".

For my own lazy story telling purposes, all characters, save (Y/n), have met one another.

You and (B/f) were caught in what you liked to call holiday limbo. A special layer of hell in that there is a few days between Christmas and New Years, and while Christmas was over, the television still aired holiday programming, the radio still played festive songs, and the decorations were still all around; paranoia spreading through the community as homeowners began watching their neighbors to cue them in on when it was time to take down said decorations, wondering if their neighbors were doing the same and watching you for the same reason, creating an endless spiral of worry on when it was socially acceptable to take down the decorations, eventually both getting a letter from the community about decoration removal mid-April.

You'd just finished recalling how your day with Jotaro and his family went, omitting the part where you stayed the night, showing her the photo you all had taken, her side eyeing you with a smug grin as she held it. "Alright, but, like," Her brows rose into her hairline, "why is his grandpa so hot?" You couldn't help but laugh at her unabashed comment, plucking the photo from her hands, moving to place it back into your nightstand for now; you didn't exactly want your mom to start questioning when that was, where that was, and who that was. "He's the rich one, yeah?"

"I do believe so, and not to mention, happily married." You pointed out Suzi before closing the drawer. "But, yes, his grandfather is oddly attractive." You muttered, feeling awkward admitting that aloud, wondering if the attraction was simply because of his resemblance to Jotaro or not. (B/f) flopped back onto the bed, looking up at the ceiling for a moment, "If you were smart, you'd go for him." You recoiled at the absurd suggestion, grabbing a nearby pillow and swatting at your best friend with it, "Ew, what's wrong with you? Also, hi, hello, married. Besides, his grandparents are absolutely adorable together, and I sort of am dating their grandson, so I don't think that would work out."

"They could always adopt you." She joked as she confiscated the pillow from your hands, laying on it as she rolled onto her stomach, propped up by her elbows. You rolled your eyes, "Yeah, family gatherings would be great 'fun'", you said using air quotes, "imagine trying to explain that I'm simultaneously Jotaro's adopted aunt as well as his sort-of-girlfriend."

"(Y/n) Joestar has a fun ring to it." You didn't bother dignifying her statement with a reaction, "Alright, (Y/n) Kujo then."

"I'm going to have to ask you to leave." You deadpanned jokingly as you pointed towards your door, earning a scoff in response. "You can't keep me out, I know where you hide the spare key." (B/f) replied casually as she began scrolling through her phone. "So, what did you get your boyfriend for Christmas?" She inquired, eyes still trained on the screen before her. You shrugged, "His present is my presence. As for him, I made him promise not to get me anything, he's already done enough." You lifted your arm, looking over the bracelet he'd bought some months before, still feeling uneasy about the purchase; just because he could afford it, didn't mean you wanted him to spend money on you.