Debauchery, Dinner, and Dates

The rest of the week passed quickly, which was definitely a nice change compared to the previous weeks that seemed to drag on for forever. Things definitely had calmed down, essentially gone back to how they were; for you anyway. It was a different story for Jotaro, the girls all circling him like sharks, but he assured that it wasn’t anything he couldn’t handle. About mid-way through the week the letters stopped appearing in his locker, much to (B/f)’s disappointment as she found them highly amusing; you couldn’t lie, hearing her narrate them at the end of the day was rather humorous, if not a dash mean-spirited. The biggest change aside from Jotaro being an addition to you and (B/f)’s walk home was Hana. She was coming around more, saying hi to you in the halls and now becoming a regular at your lunch table, her questions still coming. She still was apart of the group of girls, still pushed to the back by the more dominant ones, so you still played it safe when she was around.

Your cough had also finally began to diminish, much to your relief and more so Jotaro’s. While walking home, once (B/f) had gone her separate ways, he’d make sure you didn’t have a fever, holding his hand to your forehead, asking if you’d been drinking enough, and taking care of yourself. At first, you’d found it cute, the stoic school delinquent worried about you. But as the week went on, it became a little tiresome, his concerns becoming overbearing. It was just a cold. Besides, the worst was over now. It worried you slightly. If you and he were to continue to “not date”, eventually you’d probably get sick, maybe more so than just a cold next time. How would he handle something like the flu?

You were currently hibernating in your bed on this chilly Sunday morning, unwilling to pry yourself from under the covers and into the cold of your room. You’d had all morning and part of the afternoon to yourself, not having to meet up with (B/f) to head to the library until late afternoon. Leon was for sure going to be there, but Noriaki wasn’t sure when you’d asked him, and Jotaro didn’t seem interested, which didn’t really surprise you much. You made a mental note to text Noriaki later to extend the offer once again as you finally slipped out of your blanket nest, and booked it to the shower to wash up, but also to bask in the warmth of the water. You closed your eyes, standing under the shower head for who-knows-how long, groaning as you heard your phone’s text alert go off, wondering if it was worth stepping into the artic air of your bathroom to check it. Your curiosity won, tip toeing out of the shower, trying not to drip everywhere as you checked your phone. It was (B/f) wondering if you were still in bed. At least you could say your best friend knew you well. You sent a quick reply, the cold biting at you, before quickly hopping back under the warm water.

Your phone went off again, which you were willing to bet money on that it was her telling you to hurry up, and to quit wasting water. You quickly finished washing up, cocooning yourself in a towel before stepping back out, avoiding the puddles you’d left when you checked your phone. You fixed your hair and brushed your teeth, grabbing your backpack on your way out. You felt like you were going to school, sans your uniform, as you walked down the sidewalk. There was still some time to kill before the two of you had to head to the library, but you could easily find a way to pass the time with (B/f). You saw her waiting at the corner of her street, bundled up just as you were.

“Hey,” She greeted, hands deep in her pockets, “Did you ever find out if Noriaki was coming?” Your eyes widened a bit, “I meant to send a text to him earlier, but then I took a shower-“

“A four hour shower.” (B/f) jokingly interjected. You rolled your eyes, “No, it wasn’t four hours,” muttering that it may or may not have been an hour, “anyway, let me text him real quick. I don’t think that Jojo will be coming, not that I thought he would, really. That’s ok, one less distraction, right?”

(B/f) gave you a cheeky look, “Yeah, Jotaro’s the distraction, not Leon.” You playfully swatted at her, not looking up from your phone and you sent a message to Noriaki. “Anyway, I figured we could get ourselves some coffee before hand to fuel our study session.” She said as she began hopping over cracks in the sidewalk.