Chapter 1

Hey guys Leo here. This is gonna be my first story in Wattpad so I don't think it may be that good. But anyway, enjoy the chapter!

"Greninja! We have to put all we have got in this one move! I believe in you! We can win together!!" Ash shouted so that Greninja could hear his words."WATER SHURIKEN!!" Ash yelled. Greninja reached for his shuriken on his back and Ash copies the same movement. Then both of them held their hands in such a way that their palm was facing upwards towards the sky and their arm was stretched.

Greninja was holding the shuriken which started spinning on his hand. Just then a vortex of water covered Greninja and the shuriken for a second and when it dissipated, Greninja was holding a huge Golden Shuriken and his eyes were glowing red.

Alain sees that and is in awe. But he snaps out of the trance quickly and commands Charizard "CHARIZARD BLAST BURN!!!".
Charizard then unleashed the powerful fire type move towards Greninja. Greninja also released his Shuriken and threw it towards Charizard.

The two attacks didn't cancel each other but instead went by each other and hit their targets. A huge explosion was heard and there was dust everywhere. When the smoke cleared, Greninja and Charizard were standing and facing each other.

After a few seconds, Charizard lost his balance and was about to fall. But he regained his footing. Greninja too lost balance but was too tired to regain footing. So it fell down and reverted back to its original form. Ash too fell down due to the exhaustion from the Bond-Phenomenon thingy.

"Greninja is unable to battle. Charizard wins. Therefore the winner of this match is Alain!!" Said the referee. The crowd roared and cheered for the winner.

'I lost..... again' thought Ash. 'I just can't win any tournament, can I? I really wonder if I can be a league champion let alone a Pokemon Master'.

Ash then went up to Greninja and said "Good job Greninja. I am sorry that I wasn't strong. I let you and my other friends down. I am sorry". "Grenin!! Nin ninja!!" Said Greninja who tried to console Ash.

Alain then walked up to Ash and said "Hey Ash! You battled really well out there! I was itching for an intense battle like this for a lot of time! Thanks for this amazing battle". He extended his arm for a handshake.

Ash recalled Greninja into his pokeball, stood up and accepted the handshake. The crowd cheered at the sportsmanship shown by the two finalists.

Then the two turned around and went to their respective locker rooms. All the way, while walking to the locker room, Ash had one thought in his mind, 'Can I really be a Pokemon Master if I can't win a single league tournament?'

Ash reached his locker and then called out all his pokemon. "Guys I am sorry but we couldn't win. We were so close! This was the first time I came to the finals of any conference. I thought I had it in me to win. But I didn't. And I am sorry for that." Said Ash to all his pokemon.

All his pokemon gave out their cries to console Ash. Pikachu knew that this must have been hard for ash so he was trying his best to console Ash. His Kalos pokemon didn't know why Ash took this loss so seriously but they helped Ash feel better by snuggling against him.

Ash smiled at the action of his pokemon and he hugged them back. "Thank you guys. You are the best!" exclaimed Ash who seemed to be cheered up a bit.

Just then there is a knock on the door. "Come in" said Ash. The door opened. Ash saw his friends Serena, Clemont and Bonnie come in the room. All three of them tackled Ash into a hug. Ash hugged them back happily. "Ash listen here, you did very well and we cannot be more proud. Runner-up isn't that bad you know" said Serena.

"Thanks everyone. I appreciate it" said Ash. "Oh yeah. I have to go to the award ceremony!! I will talk to you guys up there" said Ash. The other three nodded their heads and went their separate ways.

Ash went up to the stage in the middle of the battlefield. He stood there next to Alain. Both of them received medals. Alain was handed a big trophy as proof that he won the Kalos league. Ash received a smaller trophy that said 'Runner-up'.

Ash wasn't too happy that he lost after coming too close to winning. But he gave his best fake smile to the crowd and his friends to assure them that he isn't sad. After the award ceremony ended, Diantha came on the stage and announced "For all the contestants, I have an announcement. We have set up a party for you in the hotel ballroom. We would appreciate it if you attended the party".

The contestants cheered at the announcement. Then everyone dispersed from the stadium. Serena came up to Ash and said "Hey Ash, me, Clemont and Bonnie have to be at the ballroom early since I am the Kalos Queen and Clemont is the Lumiose city gym leader. We will meet you at the party. See you!"

"Yeah... See you..." Said Ash. Serena caught the sad tone in his voice but ignored it. She then went to her room to change.

Ash then went to take a walk in Lumiose city. He went to a cliff that had a beautiful view of the sunset. He sat down. He stared at the horizon while the wind blew around him. He kept thinking about all his tournaments in all the regions. Tears were threatening to come pouring out of his eyes. He kept thinking about his losses against Ritchie, Harrison, Tyson, Tobias, Cameron and last but not the least Alain. Not able to handle the depression anymore, Ash broke down and started crying. He cried for 30 minutes until he calmed down. 'I need to get stronger if I want to win anything. I have to train harder and I know just the place for it. Mt.Silver.

But I will have to leave the Kalos region for it. What will Serena, Clemont and Bonnie think?' Thought Ash. Ash then got up and went to the hotel where they were staying in. He saw that Serena, Clemont and Bonnie had already left for the party. He then took a piece of paper and wrote a letter to his friends. He kept the letter on his bed. Ash then gathered all his belongings and stuffed them into his bag. He then remembered that he needed to attend the party. 'Some food and drinks won't hurt' thought Ash.

So he wore a black tuxedo on a plain white shirt. He wore a red bowtie on his collar. He wore black formal pants and black leather shoes. After dressing up, he took his bag and left the room to go to the party in the ballroom.

End of chapter! How was it? U guys may be thinking it is similar to another story on Wattpad. I did take inspiration from this story called Amourshipping:Lifeless written by Pika_Amour. But I assure you that it will be a bit different.
Please comment and vote if you liked the chapter.