Chapter 2

Ash reached the hotel after 30 minutes. He entered the ballroom and went to sit on one of the chairs near the bar (A/N: Mostly everyone is 17+ years old). He asked for some drinks at the bar and sat down. 

At the very front of the ballroom, stood Serena, Clemont and Bonnie. They were standing with the other gym leaders and the Kalos Champion Diantha.  They were discussing the final battle. "Alain battled really well don't you guys think?" asked Serena. Everyone nodded in agreement. Then Serena left the group and went to where the media interviewers were. Then Bonnie interrupted the silence by saying "Ash battled well too you know!". Everyone again nodded in agreement. "Of course Bonnie. Ash battled really well too. But too bad that he lost." said Clemont. 

"Yeah he deserved to win!! Miss Diantha please check if Alain cheated." exclaimed Bonnie. Everyone were shocked at what the she said. "BONNIE!" shouted Clemont gathering the attention of a few people nearby. "Fine nevermind." said Bonnie.

Alain was answering the questions shot at him by the media. Serena was with him answering the questions as well. Ash just looked at everyone who was busy. Clemont and Bonnie talking to the other gym leaders. Alain and Serena were surrounded by the media. He gave a sad sigh and kept drinking.

After the media cleared, Serena saw Ash sitting all by himself and frowned. She went up to him and sat next to him. Ash turned to her and said "Hey". The tone wasn't cheerful at all which was very unusual for Ash. Serena then asked him "Why are you sitting all by yourself Ash?". "You guys were busy and i didn't want to interrupt." said Ash in an emotionless tone which unnerved Serena. Serena got worried. She never saw Ash like this. He was always this cheerful and loud guy. But the Ash that was in front of her wasn't the same. 

"Ash what happened? Why are you so silent and why do you look sad?" asked Serena. Ash didn't answer her questions. This got her even more worried. When she opened her mouth to ask the same questions, she was called up to the stage. Alain, who was the one who called her, was on the stage. Serena then turned to Ash and said "I'm sorry Ash but i have to go up there now. Don't beat yourself over this loss. Your first try and you became runner-up. You should be happy. Know that we all are proud of you". Ash just nodded and said a silent "Thanks". Serena gave him her sweetest smile and left to go to the stage.

Serena's POV

I was worried about Ash. He was never like this. But i was called on stage by Alain. I wondered what it was that Alain wanted. When i got up on the stage, the crowd cheered. I gave everyone a smile and made my way to Alain. When i went up to him, he caught me off guard by kneeling on one knee. I felt myself blushing at his actions. When i was about to ask him what he was doing, he started talking "Serena, you are the most beautiful girl that i have ever seen and you have a heart of gold. You care about everyone's well being and that's what most of the people like about you. Including me. So i want to ask this, Serena Yvonne, will you be my girlfriend?" I was taken aback. I didnt know that Alain liked me in that way.

I felt myself blushing furiously. Well to be honest, I did have a small crush on Alain after he met us. Don't get me wrong, I like Ash too. But he is too dense to realize that i like him. I felt that Ash may not recognize my feelings towards him. I glanced to where Ash was sitting but he wasn't there. I frowned for a second but then turned to Alain and gave him a bright smile.

Normal POV

"Yes Alain. I would love to be your girlfriend" said Serena causing the crowd to go wild. Alain gets up and hugs Serena. He then pulls back from the hug and leans in for a kiss. Serena too leans in for a kiss. Their lips brush against each other and then once again. After that both of them pull back. The crowd was going wild and was cheering for the new couple, "The Kalos league champion and the Kalos Queen". 

While everyone was cheering there was one person who wasn't cheering. Yes it was Bonnie. She had hoped Serena would end up with Ash. She just looked away from the couple and went in search of Ash. She searched the whole ballroom but wasn't able to find him. She then went outside the ballroom to see Ash talking to someone. The person was around Ash's age. She thought it was Ash's friend and went back inside. 

She went to Clemont who was congratulating Serena and Alain. "Congrats guys!!" said Clemont. Serena thanked him. Then Bonnie reached up to them. Clemont saw her arrive and asked her, "Where were you Bonnie?". "I was just looking for Ash. I am worried since he doesn't act like this." Bonnie said.

Serena frowned and said, "You are right Bonnie. I saw it too. I tried to talk to him but it was as if I wasn't talking to the Ash we know." Alain not wanting the atmosphere to be awkward and tense said, "Okay let's go have some food guys. I am sure Ash will be there. Come on!" Everyone nodded in agreement and left to go get dinner.

A Few Minutes Before

Ash saw Serena leave and sighed. He went back to drinking. When Serena came into the stage, Alain got onto one knee. 'Huh what's going on?' thought Ash.

But before he could figure it out, someone tapped on his shoulder. He turned around and was shocked to the core. His eyes were widened and his mouth was wide open when he saw who it was. "You- What are you doing here!?" asked Ash, shock evident in his voice.

End of chapter. I am sorry for the late update and the short chapter. I was totally lost on how to continue this story and actually still am. But I had started writing this chapter when I published the first one. So I just decided to finish and publish it. The next update may take a while but I am not going to abandon this book don't worry😁
Please comment and vote if you liked this chapter.
Thank you!!