Chapter 2

I made it to the training area just in time to see Ronsen finish his training. I sat down next to Avia on the grass, who had finished her training a while back. She was again back clothed in the horrendous gown.

I watched as Arysin started his training. He was wearing a sweating cotton shirt and loose pants. His black hair was lazily falling over his forehead in short locks. His beautiful Illyrian wings were huge, and black. I could see through his shirt onto his muscular torso. He really was a masterpiece.

    I turned toward Avia, "Arysin says I'm his mate."

    Her eyes widened, "Well, what did you say? Yes? Please say you said yes."

    I gave her a disappointed look, "No, I just don't feel anything. But I will try, for his sake."

    She made kissing sounds, and I shoved her. We laughed. This was our normal behavior.

    Ronsen came over to us, and sat down heavily beside me. He looked worried and sad, which was rare, he was usually so overprotective of me. I hated it. I was tough, and could take care of myself.

    "What's the matter?" I asked, as Avia left to meet Aunt Nesta.

    "I think I'm going to have to cut my time here short. I can't stay away from Dyreen this long."

    Dyreen was his mate, and had been with him for years now. They owned a mansion near our estate in Day Court.

    She hated me, but was head over heels for my brother. She always treated me like a child, though I was close to 20. I despise her, and she despises me. We played nasty games at times.

    "I wish you would stay longer. I don't get to see you often." I pouted slightly.

    He got up, leaving me alone. I turned my attention back to Arysin. He had just finished his training, and after one blink of an eye, he was back to wearing his Illyrian leathers, with his huge black wings gracefully hanging behind him. Though the magic did leave his perfect hair laying across his forehead.

     He saw me and came over, grinning from ear to ear. He had perfect white teeth.

    After he helped me up, we wandered over to the town house, only to find it empty.

    Arysin cleared his throat, "Ready to go flying?"

    I looked into those beautiful brown eyes, "Of course."

    We did as we always had done as children, he hugged me tight, spread his massive wings, and lifted off the ground. I screamed with pleasure, and he laughed. Somehow it felt so much more — intimate.

    We reached the clouds, and I let my arms roam free, feeling the clouds, the wind, the air. I loved it up here, so peaceful and private. Arysin gracefully glided through the clouds, until he landed us on some remote cliff in the middle of the ocean. It was gorgeous.

    He stood a few steps away, looking at me sadly. I gulped. I sat down, and patted the grass next to me, waiting for his next move. He didn't look at me, just looked out at the ocean surrounding us, the sounds of the waves crashing from below us.

    A slight breeze ruffled his hair, and suddenly, as if by magic, I felt something inside click. I suddenly had a strong desire to end his sadness's end all his worries.

    I stood abruptly, not taking my eyes off of him. He turned slightly, a worried expression on his face.

    "Leania, are you all right?"

    I didn't respond, but I stepped closer to him, more than I normally dared. Suddenly, his expression changed, and he grinned sheepishly, he had felt what had happened.

    "Arysin, I will be our mate. You are everything I have ever wanted, and I never realized it." I breathed, my heartbeat quickened.

    He scooped me up in his strong arms, "I've ben waiting for this day to come"

    His face came close to touching mine, but he pulled back, "Are you sure."

    This time, it was my turn to grin, "Yes."

    He kissed me then and there. it didn't feel like all of those other kisses I'd stolen from other men, this one was made of love, compassion, desire, and worth. He spun me around, not daring to let go. This wasn't a dream, it was real, and it was wonderful.

    He looked into my eyes, and I blushed. He put me down, and all I could feel was my complete happiness.

    I knew I loved him. We were no longer cousins, we were mates. Bound to each other forever. We were equals in every way.

    "I love you, Leania." He whispered, and moved my chin up so I could see his gorgeous face.

    "I love you, Arysin." I replied, and kissed him one last time before we sat on the bed of grass, and watched the waves crash. I laid my head on his shoulder, and his head gently fell onto mine. We are one.