Chapter 6

This chapter thing will hopefully get more exciting! I don't have very many idea for this book. If you have some, please tell me. Enjoy!

Arysin and I didn't sleep together that night. Too many eyes were upon us. I arose that morning feeling very relaxed. I felt out together, alive even.

Good morning sweetheart, Arysin purred down the bond.

Good morning, I replied as I climbed out of my bath. I decided to eat breakfast in my rooms this morning.

I was feeling energetic and ready for the day full of planning.

Climbing out of bed, my head started pounding. I'd never felt any so bad. It was as if someone was repeatedly punching my temples. A hangover, amazing.

Minerva rushed in the room in her usual manner. She was carrying a tray full of bread and cookies. She set the tray on the little table loudly. I winced.

"Hangover?" she asked, her thick accent was beautiful.

I nodded, walking slowly to the table, continuing to rub my temples. I slipped into the chair and Minerva patted my back.

"I'll get some of my famous tea. It always helps. You can't be looking like this for the meetings."

I scoffed but she bustled off. I glanced out of the glorious windows, but immediately had to look away. The light was too bright for my drunk ass.

I wandered throughout my room, piecing together information. I  was mated— to my cousin. I had accepted the mating bond. I was no longer single.

Then my mind shifted and I reminded myself I had a very important meeting to attend to in a few short hours. About the Court of Nightmares.

I was a permanent resident of Velaris and the Night Court. I no longer lived in Day Court with my parents. I wasn't the heir, meaning I go wherever. And I was now mated. Arysin and I hadn't begun to talk about building our own place, somewhere along the Sidra seemed nice.

I dressed by myself, in a sweater shirt and black leggings. I pulled on an overcoat and headed out of my room.

I had a busy day ahead, and I wanted to face it head on.