Part 5 - Expressions of Love

DEIRDRE'S VIEWPOINT

Deirdre had been at the college for about 2 weeks and she had only found one lead so far. An old temple in the Shivering Isles a short distance away from the city of Bliss called Xelsem. She was fairly optimistic about the whole thing. She'd been wondering recently how Sheogorath was faring back home... listen to her now, she was calling his realm home. But really did she have anywhere else to label that? No. She sighed. Her feelings were confused about the Deranged Daedra.

She felt ready to return back to him and report what she'd found out. She had hiked out to the West, in the mountains, thinking it a bad idea to summon a portal right outside the college where plenty would be there to witness the action. Pulling out a black piece of rope she hurled it on the ground.

It took her 2 days to make it from Passwall back to New Sheoth. As she opened the door to the palace, the Daedra immediately turned his head toward the door. He bounced to his feet as she walked down the carpet toward him. He was wearing a huge grin she'd never seen him show before.

"I presume you have something for me myself or I. Take your pick!" He laughed out loud.

She took a step toward him, into his personal space. He quizzically cocked an eyebrow at her but didn't step back. She gazed into his slitted golden eyes, and swallowed her nervousness, Mel was right, she needed to make a move. She intertwined her fingers into his. He closed his eyes and grit his teeth as if bracing for some sort of threat and she worried that she'd made the wrong move. His lips crashed into hers and he opened his eyes. He wrapped one arm around her waist and another held the back of her head pulling her close. As he stroked her hair he whispered, his voice cracking, "Stay with me tonight"

"The Lord Sheogorath is ready for you in his chambers" Was that a hint of amusement in Haskill's voice?

Deirdre had spent hours making herself pretty for the Daedra. With help from the servants and Haskill, her outfit completely clashed, but was strangely elegant. Her makeup was absolutely perfect. She looked beautiful before, but she was absolutely gorgeous now. Although nerve wracked, she was ready for whatever came next. With confidence she strode down Sheogorath's hallway.

She found him sitting in a chair by a table full of food and drink. The smells were amazing. She suddenly felt shy. He was wearing a suit, half red, half purple.

"Good evening, my Lord". She blushed

"First matter of Business, I am he. He is me. But not to you!" He burst out laughing "Sheogorath is my name, use it or out come the intestines, and I, I skip rope with them. Not sure who's I would use, not yours... I don't think. And Haskill is like a good hound. Don't want to put him down. He's too useful". He looked thoughtful. " second order of business, you look positively stunning, my love."

SHEOGRORATH'S VIEWPOINT

"It's beautiful here". Deirdre breathed. They were on the roof of his palace. The scenery was incredibly gorgeous.

"Indeed, it's a place where I bring everyone I've invited for dinner. It always ends up with them being the dinner, but that's not relevant to our little outing". Was he being serious? Deirdre cringed. "Actually I've never had dinner with another person". She relaxed. "And nobody has ever been up here until now. I'm so happy, I could just push you off the edge! This was always an area I would come to contemplate honeycombs and dragonflies. Things like that, you know"

"You're so beautiful". and he meant it as she slid out of her dress. He hung his jacket on a chair, watching her. He had always found her beautiful, but never really thought much about it until recently. It was only when she was at the college, he realized how much he loved her. Damn woman. But it was change. Change was good! Even if it was bad. He felt pain about what Jiggalag was going to do to her that made it bad, which, well, wasn't good at all. He pulled his shirt over his head, exposing his bare chest, then dropped his pants.

"You've taught an immortal, an ancient Daedra what it really means to love someone"

She dropped the last of her clothing to the floor and stepped out of them. Now that they were naked, he pulled her close to him. He kissed her deeply, passionately, running his hands softly over the contours of her body. She shivered at his touch, wanting more. He took her hand, kissed it, and led her to his bed. She sat down.

"Your linens... they're so soft". She smiled, gazing into those cat eyes.

She slid under the blanket, and he followed suit. Kissing her again, he positioned himself on top of her

"Are you ready for me?" He whispered

"Yes"

That's why he missed her so terribly, why he felt so protective about her, why he worried about her, because he truly loved her. She wasn't just some "puny, expendable mortal". How could he have let himself fall in love with a human? He was a Daedra, and not just any Daedra, but a Daedra Lord. He heard her breathing softly, her arm slung across his chest, and realized just how little time he had left. He'd been experiencing more and more moments of clarity, like now. He frowned, and kissed the top of her head. He found himself drifting into a restless sleep knowing that when Jyggalag took over, the beautiful woman in his arms would be slain.