Part 6 - Jyggalag

SHEOGORATH'S VIEWPOINT

The next morning Sheogorath sounded frantic as he sat on his throne.

"You need to go find out what's in this Xelsem. I knew there were ruins there but not that there was anything under them. I have never heard of it, but your information from the college has located it as a temple made for Jyggalag. Either that or the place found you, perhaps. You are linked somehow to defeating my other side, but you need to hurry, I feel different. Not quite myself, but not HIM either. The Greymarch has begun, knights have been spotted and have killed a few of my citizen while invading several villages. They are making there way here, the grey BORING, mindless servants of Jyggalag. They are spreading order, no, Order is spreading them. I have little time left, my Love." He looked pained, "You won't like him like you like me. He doesn't even carry a cane, more the bone cleaving sword type, not the cute cuddly sort of Daedric Prince. QUICKLY!" He screamed "Jyggalag certainly won't wait!"

DEIRDRE'S VIEWPOINT

Deirdre stood in front of Xelsem ruins. She had scoured the ruins for any way in. She had found no door, nor had any caves been located nearby. She didn't even know where the way in had been. How was she supposed to get inside? She'd even spent the night there and had found nothing. She didn't want to go home to Sheogorath empty handed and fail him

She gave it one more day, she had no food but wasn't hungry. Stress had that effect on her. Still there was nothing, so downtrodden she made her way back to the palace. She was powerless to help her Sheo, she had failed him, and that knowledge was extremely painful.

She returned home, and was surprised to see the Daedra standing outside at the top of the steps. The obelisks on either side of the pathway were glowing strangely, and Sheogorath had a look on his face that was grim and his eyes showed no emotion. It scared her, frightened her. He never had that look in his face since she'd known him. He was always so full of emotions, and responded to them in like fashion.

He greeted her with words that sent shivers down her spine. "Time is an artificial construct. It moves ever forward in a linear fashion, ever forward, never back. Our time has run out, there is no stopping Jyggalag now, as he has won yet again."

He dropped to his knees and bellowed in a voice not quite his own "The Realm is dead, Sheogorath is dead. I have loved you, Deirdre, but you too shall die by Jyggalag's hand!"

He started to glow brightly, and his body began to shift form, lengthen and lose color. "The realm is dead! That fool Sheogorath is dead! All shall crumble by Jyggalag's hand! You will die first, mortal!" Knights began to pour out of the obelisks and Sheogorath's solders met them in bloody combat. Jyggalag came at Deirdre, swinging his massive blade. She realized he slower than she was and dodged blow after blow. She had no weapon other than Jyggalag's dagger. She couldn't even defend herself. She felt pain explode in her left side as a knight struck her with his sword from behind. She screamed, as she felt her organs rupture, and with her last effort she leapt behind Jyggalag and onto his back. He tried to rip her off him but couldn't reach her and a final cry left her lips, "I loved you Sheogorath!". She plunged the dagger deep into the neck of the Prince of Order. A blinding light followed an explosion and she was blasted backward into the palace steps.

As blood pooled around her, she was vaguely aware of her surroundings, of the bloodbath caused by combat. She saw Jyggalag now, and when he sheathed his sword, his knights followed his lead. He approached her alone and lowering on one knee, he pressed his hand against her side, where the gaping wound was. She felt as if things would go dark, but the pain gradually subsided.

"Sheogorath..." Her voice was nothing but a whisper.

"Mortal, "Jyggalag spoke "Using my Dagger of Singularity, you have returned me to my true state. You have become my Champion without knowing it, and I have repaid you by returning your ruined body to an orderly state. You shall not die. "He then added "You will rule this realm at the side of Sheogorath"

"But Sheogorath is dead!" She sobbed

"But he is not, he lies in a crumpled heap by the left obelisk. But he will awaken. I was trapped within Sheogorath. He thought us the same person, however we have never been such. You have purged him and returned me to roam the planes of Oblivion. Please keep the dagger as a token of my gratitude. I sense that your quests and legacy are not quite over, and you will continue on your path, pursuing your destiny as the years pass. These are my last words to you, mortal. Perhaps our paths will cross again someday."

He turned and walked away, his form fading into Oblivion as she watched him go.