Chapter 2

In the evening~

I pulled out a cute pastel floral dress from my closet. I should dress up since it’s after ages that he’s taking me outside. I put on light makeup and heels that match my dress.

I look at the time. It’s 8 o’clock. I call Jungkook to check in when he’d be coming home.

“Hi baby. I’ll be back in about 15 minutes. Hold on for just a few minutes.” He says and hangs up. I decide to watch TV to pass some time.

I hear the bell and get up from the couch, realizing I fell asleep earlier. I check the time as I walk over to the door. It’s already 10:20.

I open the door and see Jungkook, with an apologetic look on his face.

“I’m so sorry baby.” He says as he walks in and engulfs me in a hug.

“What is it this time?” I ask him, pulling away from the hug.

“We had to record a song and people kept messing up, and then PD-nim summoned an emergency meeting to discuss some stuff.” He says in one breath, and looks at me for a response.

I nod, since that’s the only thing I can do at this point.

“I’ll be back after some time. I need to get some air.” I say and walk up to take my coat.

“Let me come with you.” He says.

“No, you wash up and go to bed. You must be tired.” I say and walk out the door.

I go to the nearby park and sit on one of the swings. No one is here right now. Then again, why would people be in a park at night.

My mind wanders to old times. How sweet Jungkook was when I first met him. It’s been 6 years. How much he used to care about me and every little thing I did. How he used to sneak out of practice just to spend some time with me.

I know he’s gotten really popular now and that he barely has time to rest, but all I want from him is a tiny bit of his time, just like before.

Things like today have become normal for us. Jungkook comes back after I’ve slept and leaves before I wake up. He leaves whenever he gets a call from the company, whether its between the movies or cuddling. It’s getting harder dating him. And to top all of that, female idols keep flirting with him right in front of my eyes.

Iris, especially, goes above and beyond to take this flirting game to a whole new level. She always tries to make sure that all cameras are on her when she initiates a conversation or some skinship with him. I trust Jungkook, but I have no trust in Iris. I have to make a decision.

I go back to the room and open the door, only to see Jungkook on the couch. He’s sleeping soundly, just like a baby. I walk up to him and run a hand through his hair, and trace the side of his face with my thumb.

“I love you so much.” I say, as I feel a tear run down my cheek.

I walk up to my bedroom.

Next day~

The day went by as usual. Loads of work to do. Not a bit of rest and then home alone. I call up Jungkook because I need to have this talk.

“What’s up?” He says, in a cheerful tone.

“I needed to talk to you about something. In person.” I say, getting straight to the point.

“Well, I’ll be back by 9 tonight. Is that okay?” He asks.

“Yeah, but please try to make it on time.” I say.

“Yeah, absolutely.” He says and hangs up.