Chapter 8

I decide to go to the house. For us. Maybe giving him a second chance will be better?

I catch a taxi and reach the apartment. I think of surprising him and put in the password to the house. The door opens and I rush inside.

As soon as I’m inside, I hear giggling from the bedroom. Is someone here? Maybe I should go back? Or maybe get a peek at who’s inside? My curiosity gets the better of me and I try to peer in through the slightly open door. What I see blows the breath right out of me.

I open the door ajar and a shocked Jungkook looks over at me. There is Iris, laying on top of Jungkook and giggling.

“Hwa Young, it’s not what you think it is.” He says and pushes Iris away.

I turn on my heel with tears in my eyes and rush for the door. I run to the elevator but it would take a lot of time. I rush for the stairs.

“Hwa Young!” Jungkook shouts, coming after me as I try to rush down.

“Stop running.” He says, as he catches my wrist and turns me to face him. I struggle to get my wrist out of his grip, but it is useless.

“What more do you want from me? You want me to sit there as she gets on top of you?” I almost shout out, but my lungs give away because of too much crying, and I break down.

I slump down and Jungkook sits with me.

He hugs me as I cry. He starts crying too. I try to get out of his embrace and hit him on his shoulders and push him, but he doesn’t budge.

“Let me go.” I say, crying uncontrollably.

“Hwa Young, it’s a misunderstanding, Please listen to me.” He says and I push him hard enough to release me.

“What do you want me to do about it? I trust you enough to know that that was done on her part. Let’s say today was a misunderstanding, but what’s it gonna be the next time? What will I do if something happens again? Which one of your fans will it be? Which other idols will it be? Why do I have to endure all of this? I don’t want any part of this anymore.” I say, as I let it all out. We’re both crying, down on the floor.

“I’m sorry.” He says and tries to take a hold of my hand. I pull it back and stand up, wiping my tears.

“I’m sorry. I thought that a second chance would be a better option, but I guess what is written will happen.” I say and run downstairs without looking back.

I reach home and throw myself on the bed. My eyes are swollen at this point and I can’t stop thinking about the picture in my head.

Her on top of him.

I know Jungkook would never do that in the first place and it was all Iris’ doing, but I can’t let my heart hurt anymore.