Chapter 6

I reach for the password pad on his door and put in the password. The door opens and I go in.

Everything is a mess. I see ramen cups on the floor and a few bottles of beer. Chicken delivery boxes right where they’re not supposed to be. The place is trashed.

I go to the bedroom and see Jungkook’s figure lying in bed in a haphazard way.

“Jungkook? Get up. You need to go to the company.” I say, from a distance. He doesn’t move.

I go a bit closer and see him covered in sweat. Beads of sweat covering his face and his neck. I try to stir him a bit and he groans.

“Jungkook, you have a fever!” I say, feeling his forehead. I reach for the thermometer kept in the side drawer and note the temperature.

I rush to the bathroom and get a moist towel and clean up Jungkook’s sweaty face and neck.

“Hwa Young?” He says and I realize he’s woken up.

“Yeah, I’m here and you have a fever, so just lay here silently.” I say and keep wiping his hands.

“I’m gonna change your shirt, okay?” I say and he nods.

I grab another t-shirt from his closet. I make him sit up a bit and remove his sweaty shirt. As soon as I remove his shirt, he pulls me into a hug.

“Hwa Young, please don’t leave.” He says and I try to push him away.

“Jungkook, you’re not in your senses.” I say and he hugs me closer.

“I am. Please. I love you so much.” He says and I finally break out from his hug. I grab the spare shirt and make him wear it.

“I’ll get something for you to eat.” I say, making him lay down and tucking him under the covers, with a moist towel on his forehead.

I rush to the kitchen and grab my chest. My heart is about to jump out. After calming down a bit, I start to look for something that he can eat. He hasn’t stocked up after I left. There’s nothing in the house to eat except cup ramen.

“Jungkook, I’m gonna go do some grocery shopping and get you some medicines. Just get some sleep, okay?” I say, peering into the bedroom. He nods lightly.

I go out to the nearest supermarket. After I’m done buying soup ingredients and a few other things, I head to the medical store and buy some medicines.

I call and tell RM that Jungkook had a fever and couldn’t come for the recording. Who told him to drink so much? Idiot.

I walk back home and make some chicken noodle soup for him. I take the soup to the bedroom and make him sit up.

“Eat this. I’ll be back with medicines after you’re done, okay?” I say and he nods.

I walk outside and decide to get some cleaning done. I collect all the cups and delivery boxes and throw them in the trash bin. I vacuum the floor too.

After I’m done, the house looks a bit presentable.

“You done?” I ask, as I see Jungkook finishing the last of his soup. He nods and I take his bowl away.

“Here, take these.” I hand him the medicines and a glass of water. He does as he’s told.

“Now go to sleep.” I say, after he’s done taking his meds.

“I can’t. I just woke up.” He says.

“You have to, if you want to recover. After the little stunt you pulled last night, you should’ve known you’d be in trouble.” I say and his eyes go wide.

“You know about last night?” He asks.

“Who do you think told Tae to bring you back? You drunk called me.” I say and look away.

“Hwa Young, please don’t leave.” He says, all of a sudden.

“Jungkook…” I say and he cuts me off.

“Just stay until I fall asleep, please.” He says and I couldn’t say no.

I sit by his bedside. We don’t talk and he just keeps staring at me. He gets dizzy, probably from the medicines and finally drifts off to sleep.

I’m sleepy too by this point. I get up and walk out to the couch.

Maybe I’ll just sleep for a bit and then go back. I’m way too sleepy to go back right now. I lay down on the couch and fall asleep almost immediately.