seeking the truth

"I thought that if I releveled I was still alive, you too would go back to fighting." Tavra sat on Brea's shoulder as they walked through the dark wood, Onica, kylan and Seladon were in front of them.

"is that really want you thought?" Brea asked.

"I just didn't know how you tell you, and you and Seladon were finally getting along, I'm sorry."

"it's- "

"hey Brea." Kylan had waited for her to catch up.

"hey kylan," Brea replied. Normally she would be happy to see him but right now she just wanted to understand why Tavra didn't tell her.

"this has been a crazy day." Kylan stated. Brea remembered that Kylan was the one who saved her sister, he might have answers

"I'm sorry this might seem a little bit of an odd question. But why did you- why did you save my sister?" it felt like a stupid question once she had said it.

"it's kind of a complex answer, just because it's a long one."

"I have time."

"kylan defiantly like Brea" the familiar voice of Tavra whispered into Onica's ear.

"when did you get here?" Onica asked, looking back at the two gelfing.

"when did who get here?" Seladon asked also looking back.

"Tavra" Onica answered. "and what do you mean?" Onica addressed the spider on her shoulder

"kylan likes brea I can tell."

"yes, isn't in obvious?" onica brushed it off as if she knew the moment she had met them, true be told she probably did.

"well not all of us are far-dreamers, my far-dreamer."

-----time skip-----

They finally stood by the unlit seafairers lantern, the brothers were barely viable in the sky and Onica ship could barely be seen.

"we're here. Come on everyone." Onica walked with purpose towards the ladder, the others in tow. They all fit into the small cabin even if a little cramped. "please sit."

Brea and Kylan sat next to each other, while Seladon sat opposite; eyes fixed on the spider crawling up the leg of the table. "now let's talk." Onica give each one of them a cup of ta,

"yes, let's." Brea tried to stay neutral but you could hear the hurt in her voice. "Tavra, why didn't you tell us." The spider moved to look at Brea.

"I didn't know how to." The voice was fait but could be heard. "how would you?"

"by simply walking up to you and saying 'sisters, don't worry, I'm still here.'" Seladon spoke up.

"exactly." Brea agreed.

" I'm glad you to agree. I don't think I've ever seen it." Tavra joked, but not even Tavra found it funny.

"what about you kylan? Why didn't you tell us anything?" Brea asked the boy to her left.

"don't bring kylan into this, he saved my life. He did the right thing."

" but he knew!" Brea raised her voice "he came to the funeral knowing you were still alive, why?"

"I just wanted to help you..." Kylan's voice trailed off.

"well not telling me wasn't helping!"

"I told him not to tell you" Tavra spoke up. "I told everyone who knew not to tell you. I'm sorry."

"but, why?" Seladon asked

"I'm- I" Tavra couldn't find the words.

"she's ashamed." Onica explained. "she wishes she could help, fight, protect her loved ones, but to do that, she needs her gelfling body back. If she can't do those things, how can she be useful, I'm right. Aren't I?"

"you're always right..." and with that, Tavra left.