CHAPTER 2

Flash Marriage

I didn’t know what time it was and where I was, all I knew was that my brain was muddled and my entire body was aching and powerless.

Suddenly, there was an outburst of emotional sobbing and the sound of staggered running. After a few minutes, that noise neared me before stopping abruptly.

I shifted my sleeping position from my side to my back, reluctantly opened my eyes and discovered it was very hazy. I once again closed my eyes and couldn’t help but knit my eyebrows due to that annoying headache. Fxxk, that wine was so strong! Was that bartender sure that he didn’t want to blend a cocktail for me?

Just at this moment, a pen seemed to slip into my hand. I struggled to open my eyes again and noticed that there was a document in front of me.

As I was slightly nearsighted on top of having just been awoken, my vision was blurry. Even after looking at that document for a long time, I still couldn’t comprehend what was on it.

“This is your parcel, please sign,” a woman’s pleasant voice slowly drifted over. If I attentively listened, a trace of anxiousness could be heard.

Ah, right. My friend said that he will send me something, seems like he chose express delivery.  

One needs to know that in the early morning when one is still sleepy, one is more prone to making mistakes. And I was just that kind of kid who would easily make mistakes, stupidly signing my name on a document which I have no idea what it was about.

Just after that last stroke of my signature, I suddenly woke up. Didn’t I have a one-night stand yesterday? Didn’t I sleep with a man? I didn’t go home? Then why was I signing this express delivery?

It wasn’t the time to attend to my current physical discomfort. I struggled to get out of bed and unexpectedly saw an outstanding beautiful lady.

OMG, don’t tell me that I picked a man who has a wife? Furthermore, we were caught in bed together? Believe me, I have no interest in being the mistress, no interest at all.

However the woman in front of me was a little strange; she was neither angry nor violent. Rather, she was full of smiles, holding that document; a sinister, complacent, yet satisfied smile from the heart on her face.

My scalp numbed and I extended my hand toward her.

Just when I was about to say something, I saw her gracefully leave with a satisfied expression, even closing the door after her politely.

Keeping my outstretched hand up in the air, I opened my mouth and turned to my side. I was met with a pair of questioning yet beautiful eyes.

Very good, it seems that the male lead has also woken up.

First closing his eyes, he frowned and pondered for a moment. Then he suddenly sat up and leant towards the nightstand, picking up a pair of rimless glasses and wearing them.

It was undeniable that he was the kind of man whose temperament and charisma would change upon wearing glasses. When he doesn’t wear his glasses, he’s alluring, crazy, wild, passionate and sinister. However, with his glasses on, he became refined, rational, calm, indifferent and… shy. He truly was a hybrid of two personalities.