Ch 5: Purpose

Series of colors forming as blurry silhouettes of people you couldn't recognize filled your vision-- the clammed voices uttering conversations you can't comprehend; drowned out by some sort of white noise that serves as a filter. It's as if they don't want you to understand what's going on and yet...

They all feel familiar.

The humble color of green merged with black; the noble heterochromatic eyes; the vigorous spirit emitted from a pair of rubies; the wild indigo hair; the pink clothing that almost seemed magical; the timid yet reassuring smile; the symmetrical burn scars; and lastly, the distinguishable raven hair matched with onyx eyes.

A different form; a different time.

Fluttering your eyes open, you were awoken from one of your many attempted slumbers-- this particular time seemingly sparing you from your usual nightmares; it was a first.

...

Hm... You can't seem to remember what you've dreamed of-following the rumored nature of the more you try to remember your dream, the more you forget about it.

Usually, you ignore the idea of sleep overall, as you do not need it to maintain your non-existent health. The reason why you submitted to it was mainly out of boredom; a good way to kill time, now that your favorite blonde hero was no longer available-curious if all your dreams can only conjure nightmares, which was recently proven false.

You do wonder what made today different for that to be so.

Letting out a sigh, you rose up from your makeshift bed; the damaged mattress's springs groaning from your shift of movement, as did yourself, when your Kill Point ached in protest.

It was still early in the morning, the sun not yet rising; letting the distant city lights, moon and stars serve as your only light. It didn't take long for you to recover from your sleepy state, your glazed eyes scanning your environment for anything unusual.

"Oh... It's you..."

"Killer..."

"Help... Please."

The ghosts of the area roamed around you, with you trying to avoid eye contact, in case they realize you can see them.

Ignore them and they won't bother you, you mentally chanted to yourself. While you can mute their voices, it would still save you the trouble from them constantly blocking your vision if they were to bother you, as you can't, unfortunately, erase them from your sight. It's best to leave them be rather than have them flock all over you with the idea that you can help them, which you can't.

How can you, if you can't even help yourself?

And then a distant 'thud', followed by a grunt caught your attention-- your eyes immediately searching for the source of the noise that does not belong within your daily routine.

Wanting to stay hidden and unnoticed, you let your feet hover above the ground, before lowly floating around to look for the new presence within the area. While you're overly cautious, this isn't exactly the first time something like this has happened.

Once or twice, some rebellious teenagers would trespass within the restricted area to find a place to spend their time in. At one point, some adults. Sometimes they're in groups; sometimes they're alone. No matter their numbers, you can easily scare them off by moving around random objects. However, none of them ever did stray this far before; especially this deep within the Cyclone's Heart.