Ch 7: All Might

Touya was admittedly a good friend. Even when his friendship only extends to a month of his stay.

Despite the odd circumstances of how the two of you met; the cynical first impressions, he left you with no ill intent from either sides. If anything, he left you with a good advice:

"The world can get pretty lonely. Might as well make the most of it while you still have the company."

And, indeed, you practiced just that by openly appreciating Yagi Toshinori for everything he has done for you. You even stopped your habitual self-harming for him, and he was more than thankful for that.

If someone as cynical as Touya encourages you to enjoy small things, you deemed that perhaps it's time that you do.

And all it took was a wake-up call from a friend who has a pessimistic yet realistic view towards the world, in contrast to All Might's optimistic and idealistic one.

Thus, you chose to finally open up after years of reluctance-- a change of heart.

"The boy is reckless, but he has the brains to make up for it, I'll give him that," Toshinori remarked, after telling you what occurred in his first day as a teacher. The Battle Training sounded brutal from what your old friend told you, but that may be because he was only telling you the detailed fight of his successor; not even lingering to the latter's classmates' matches. Either because Midoriya was the only one heavily injured, or All Might has a clear bias-- you're guessing both options.

The clouds gave way to the full moon, giving the moonlight its path towards your form and All Might's emaciated figure, as the two of you sat peacefully on a large chunk of debris. The night was quiet, as were the ghosts that simply chose to wander around rather than linger. Tonight was serene; a fitting reflection of your mood.

As per usual, it was only the two of you-- a dead soul accompanying a living one.

"You're fond of Midoriya," You pointed out, a small smile easily adorning your lips. It would seem that the blonde hero has gotten used to your once unusual behavior, considering your smiles to be normal not too long ago; that was only yesterday. You found it a lot easier to reveal your inner emotions than to repress them, hence your smiles coming naturally to you. It's quite a feat from someone who acted aloof for several years. "Though, I do wonder if you're fond of this new occupation. Being a pro hero is different from being a teacher, after all. After today, I'm sure you now understand that,"

"A student proved that to me the hard way," He admitted with embarrassment, recalling what Yaoyorozu recited to him with such detail regarding the performance of her classmates. "I'm just glad that my subject doesn't require much paperwork,"

Now that you thought about it, All Might usually visits you only once a week back then due to his hero duties, which his current activity in is slowly declining. With cut-off responsibilities, it brings you to ask him:

"Is your daily appearance our new schedule now?" Curious yet hopeful, you were, as you were genuinely looking forward to spend more time with your good friend.

"Perhaps only on weekdays, as I still have to things to teach young Midoriya on weekends," You can work with that-- you're beyond satisfied.

"Hm, at this rate, you might as well be that boy's second parent," You teased, a ghost of a smirk already forming at the corner of your mouth, before being completely wiped off when he started spurting out blood as his exaggerated reaction.

It was then your moment of happy fantasy with Toshinori shattered; replaced with impending dread over his debilitated well-being.

It was only the two of you-- a dead soul accompanying a dying one.