Chapter 2

Renesmee's POV

The next morning, I headed downstairs to the family room. But instead of finding two vampires cuddled together on the couch, I found a note.

Renesmee,

Your mother and I have gone out to hunt. We'll return before you wake.

- Dad

"You're late." I mumbled, wishing my handwriting was more like my father's. Mom and Dad are vampires. They've told me Mom gave birth to me while she was still a human like Grandpa Charlie. My birth nearly killed my mother, even though he hated the thought of Mom being just like him, Dad bitten her, several times in several different spots on her body, because he was so desperate to save the life of his love. Dad told me he waited a very long time, a century, to find someone like Mom. Someone that wasn't scared of him because he's a vampire. Someone that knew what he is and would love him regardless of that.

 As for me, because Mom gave birth to me while she was still human, I am half human, half vampire. The Volturi wanted to destroy me because they thought I was a pure immortal child, one that couldn't learn to control my thirst. I soon heard father's voice, they're back from their hunt. Dad sounded very concerned.

Edward's POV

I stare at my mate and I look concerned, because I am. Bella's never thirsted human blood so badly before! "Bella..." I speak softly to her. "Are you sure you're okay?" Usually animal blood satisfies us Cullens. Not fully, but enough to last a while. But this hunt, my Bella couldn't control herself. 

She looks at me with the same concern "Edward, I-I don't know..."  I then read Renesmee's thoughts. She's just as worried if not more than I am about her mother. I take in a sharp breath, then look at my little girl "Renesmee, go get your aunt Alice and grandpa Carlisle." She nods and immediately takes off toward the Cullen house.

Carlisle came in holding Renesmee, Alice came by Bella's side. "What's wrong? Is she okay?!" 

"She got a strong thirst for human blood while we were out, she couldn't control herself." 

Alice widens her eyes suddenly. Jasper comes out of the house and to her side "What did you see??" Alice looks at me and Bella. 

"Bella's going to have another child, Edward. A son, pure vampire." Carlisle gasps. "An...An immortal child??" Bella turns to me, concern shown clearly in her eyes

"Edward...what do we do??? The Volturi....they'll kill it!" I hold her tightly in my arms.