Right-mate || 1

The distant TV noise plays out. The melody of classical music play right through Kira's ears. She hums along to the beat of the tune while tapping her feet to the ground as she reads her newly bought book. She's enjoying herself. Out of nowhere, the perfect classical tune was ruined by the sound of her phone ringing. She sigh. It was Ren, her college buddies.

"What?" she said with a hint of annoyance.

"Come to the Lavenders Apartment for a sec. Mrs. Wood wanted to tell you something," he stated, "I think it's about the apartment you want to rent."

Kira's eyes widen. She never thought that this day would come. Well, if this IS the day. "Okay, okay. Where are you now?" she asked as she puts her phone down to activate the speaker and grabbed her coat. "I'm in the Economy District. If you're wondering, Mrs. Wood just texted because APPARENTLY, you didn't get her texts." Ren scoffs. Kira just chuckled in slight embarrassment. "Well, you can just go straight to the apartment. She's waiting there." Kira smiles lightly. She bid goodbye to Ren and exits Ren's House with a bright feeling.

--_--_--

She finally arrived.

Her foot stepped the cold atmosphere of Lavenders Apartment one at a time, carefully to not make a noise that wouldn't scare anyone. It is a quiet place, so it would be not funny if she would just burst out of nowhere.

"Hello? Mrs. Wood?" she pulls back a strain of her voice. There's no trace of Mrs. Wood whatsoever.

"Where have you been?" a voice creeps behind the tall girl, making her yelp without hesitation. It was none other, than Mrs. Wood.

"Mrs. Wood! Don't scare me like that!" she shouts with a shakey tone and heavy breathing. The older female laughs. "That's what you get for not answering my text!" she poked the younger female's forehand with her finger before sitting down at her usual 'secretary' place.

"So. Ren said you wanted to talk to me about the Apartment business?" Kira said eagerly, literally not wasting any time to say that. Mrs.Wood nods, signaling Kira with a smile on her face. The younger one beamed. She felt surprised and happy with the information she just god from a nod. "But, I there's going to be some downfall." Mrs. Wood intervene. Kira stopped and quickly ask, "What is it?" with fear in her voice.

"You might have to share it with 3 other people," she said, rummaging through the stack of papers that are neatly organized at her desk. The red-eyed student goes silent for a moment. Bubbles filled with thought covering the inside of her mind. And in a couple of minutes, she came into a conclusion.

"Alright. It's fine unless they got their own room," she said that, knowing that she meant so much more. Mrs. Wood nods once again, "of course, dear. They will get their own room." Hearing that statement, Kira smiles. Pumping her fist up and down in excitement.

"Am I going to meet them later?", "Yeah. They actually wanted to meet you later too. They said the same thing, 'as a surprise'." Mrs. Wood answered, still observing the pile of papers on her desk. Kira frown. Not expecting a weird answer, especially from her soon-to-be friends.

"When?"

Mrs. Wood hums for a moment, before looking back at Kira who hasn't changed her eager face since she showed up. "1 week from now. The room isn't too big, but isn't too small either," Kira nods, "it would definitely fit the 4 of you." She said calmly.

Once again, Kira beam in excitement. She finally got off the countertop of Mrs. Wood's desk and take her to leave from the apartment.

Ah! 1 week from now... I can't wait!