Dark x Light || 1

"Laela! Wake up already! You're gonna be late for school!" 

       She groaned. 

       Not even an ounce of excitement was left in Laela's voice. She got up with her messy bed hair and left her bed to be placed by an insomniac person.

       With eyes still shut, she grabbed all the clothes that she's going to wear that day and goes straight into the bathroom without any hesitation. She sigh. She kept thinking that this will be another boring day like yesterday and the day before that. 

       After she's done, she quickly changes her clothes to new ones and brushes her teeth. Her straight jet-black hair flows their way as Laela runs into the Dining Room with her navy bag attached to her shoulders.

       "You have an extra class today?" Lily, her mother, asked with a smile. Accompanying Laela at the Dining Table. "Uh... no. I don't," she answered calmly. Lily hum with a weak nod after it. "Well then, eat. You don't want to starve on your way to school, right?" the mom chuckles. Laela just nods and continues eating her breakfast.

--_--_--

       "Bye, sweetie!" 

       "Bye, mom." she waved back instantly and goes back to walking on the path to school. Laela straightens her jacket and puts up her earphones to her ears. The beat that flows to Laela's ears, making her hum all the way to school. She doesn't even miss a single beat. 

       Her feet are slowly stepping through the gate of the school. The music that's still playing a retro beat, paused. Students that considered Laela as a friend just let themselves calling her, "Darkness Princess" or something like that. 

       Laela sneer.

       She doesn't even consider one of them as friends. 

       But she does consider one as a friend.

       "Laela! Morning!" the tall broad senior shouts, slapping her back with full force. "The Normal Way to Say Greetings" by Liberty Cloud. She groaned, messaging her back and checks if there's the 58th mark left there by Liberty. 

       "Can you not?" she said with a hint of annoyance in her tone. Liberty chuckled, "Sorry. Just excited." he smiled. "Aren't you always excited?" the black-haired girl said, rolling her eyes and raised an eyebrow. "Yeah, I know! But I just heard that the Basketball Team's having new recruit!" he shouts once again. This time, Laela left a smile. "That's good. First-year?" he nods.

       "And if I could remember, the coach said that he's also from your class." Liberty stated. Laela hums in response. "Huh. That's nice. What's his name?" he thinks for a second while both of them walk towards Class X-1, Laela's Class. 

       "I think it's something like, Lucian? Or something like that." Laela scoff. 

       What's with this L alliteration? 

       "Well, I look forward to it. If there's the guy you mention, I will talk to you about it." she said calmly. Liberty smiles, "Thank, L! You're the best!" he shouts one last time, right when the bell finally rings and all the students come into class.

    --_--_--

       Right now, Laela has been staring for 5 minutes straight.

      'What or Who is she staring at' you may ask?

       A blonde-haired male, with black-colored eyes, jacket same as her, and the same hight as she. How does she know? Well, she can compare when they both walked into the classroom at exactly the same time.