Smells like trouble

I'm woken up by Jake's scent wafting through my nostrils. It is a familiar scent, a hint of cigarette smoke and his woodsy cologne. He's been using the same one since he was fifteen, I know that because I gave it to him for his birthday. I remember asking for something that smelled "manly" when I went to buy it. He was going through this phase back then; his voice had finally changed, it was deeper and huskier, and the girls were noticing him more, so he kept saying he was finally a man. It was also when he had his first time.

I had this small crush on him back then, something that happened three times during the course of our friendship. The first time was back when we were twelve, which was when he had his first kiss; then, it was when we were fourteen, right when he started dating for the first time. The third time happened around the time I gave him the cologne, when he lost his virginity. Thinking about it now, all those times weren't for real. Jake was having his "firsts" and I wasn't, so I was feeling left behind. I wanted to experience that too and, him being the only boy I trusted, my mind tricked me into thinking it had to be him.

I haven't thought about these crushes for a long time, but they all come back when his smell causes me to shiver. It takes me a couple of seconds to understand why I'm waking up to his fragrance, however, it all makes sense when flashes of last night shoot through my head. Jake is lying on his back and I'm glued to his side, head on his shoulder, my right hand flat against his chest. He looks peaceful in his sleep, angelic even, but looking at him all my thoughts turn sinful.

I scan his figure, covered only by the black fabric of his underwear. When my eyes begin to wander below his abdomen, an urge to scratch my nails down his torso and grab his bulge takes over me. I let out a heavy sigh and close my eyes, trying to shake the thoughts away as I feel a rush of wetness pooling between my legs.

"Good morning." The soft voice comes from behind me and it startles me a little, making me feel guilty, as if its owner had heard the things going through my head. It's only then that I notice the arms around my waist, the blue fingernails moving slightly as Cassie caresses me.

"Good morning." I whisper back, taking a last look at Jake's face before turning to face her. "Did you sleep well?"

"Very well." she says, pulling me closer. "You're warm and cozy."

A thrill spreads through my body when she buries her face on my neck, taking a deep breath there before letting out a quiet, breathy moan. My hand finds her ass and I hold it tight, trying to get closer - even though our bodies are already glued together - while she trails open mouthed kisses along my neck.

I move my hands to her waist and pin her down on the bed, getting on top of her. Her nails scratch me under the shirt I'm wearing, Jake's shirt. It smells like him. Cassie is about to slide down my underwear when I realize what is going on. I stop it suddenly, moving her hands away and climbing off her body, knowing full well what's going to happen if Jake wakes up. I don't need that to happen again, I need to forget that ever happened.

"Do you want some breakfast?" I ask, getting off the bed. Cassie's confusion is clear on her face, but she gets up anyway, following me to the kitchen. She is wearing another one of Jake's shirt, his smell lingering on both of us making me uncomfortable. "Toast?"

"Sounds good." Cassie replies, taking a seat behind the counter where she watches me intently as a brew us coffee and make the toast. She has one elbow on top of the counter, hand cradling her cheek; the whisper of a smile curves her lips the slightest and her gaze is so intense I feel like she's burning holes on my skin.

"What?" I ask shyly. Cassie sits up straight and lets the smile finally light her face.

"Nothing. You're just very pretty." I feel myself blushing, a small, shy smile forms on my lips and I look down to the floor, incapable of saying anything. "So, how long have you and Jake known each other?" she asks, breaking the silence.