6 | oblivious

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

RORY WAS SERIOUSLY CONCERNED ABOUT BELLA'S MENTAL HEALTH. At first, she had tried giving Bella the benefit of the doubt; she told herself that Bella was just going through a hard time in her life and was trying to find a way to cope. But the sudden addiction to adrenaline rushes didn't seem like a way of coping. It only seemed to make her miss Edward Cullen and his family more. She wouldn't speak of them, she physically cringed if they were brought up in a conversation, and Rory was well aware of the nightmares Bella still had, too― Charlie had told her mother about it, when he went out for a few drinks with Lettie and Andrew a week prior.

The only real difference in Bella's behavior was that she was getting out of the house and socializing a little more, which was why Rory told herself that Bella was getting better. But when Bella wrecked the dirt-bike, gashed her head open and still insisted on riding the dirt-bike again... that was when Rory started to grow a bit more concerned. 

Jacob agreed with Aurora. He immediately backed her up when she told Bella she couldn't drive the dirt-bikes after she got hurt, saying that Bella was crazy to think they would let her. Within the next fifteen minutes he had loaded the bikes back up, and they left, heading to the hospital so Bella could get stitches.

"We should just drop these off at the junkyard," Jake muttered to Rory later that evening. They had dropped the bikes off to his garage before Rory drove Bella home in her truck, with Jake following behind them in his Rabbit. Afterward, they went back to Jake's when Rory realized she'd forgotten her phone there.

"Are you serious?" Rory asked, looking at him with an expression that clearly showed her disagreement. 

Jacob's eyebrows rose in astonishment. "You actually want her to keep them?"

"No, that's insane," she denied immediately. "But Jake― you put a lot of hard work into these bikes, and Bella put a lot of money into the parts. You can't just dump them at a junkyard."

"Well, I can't keep them either."

"So sell them, you dork," the brown-eyed girl responded with a slight laugh of amusement, seeing that he wasn't understanding what she'd been getting at. A thought sprung to her mind, and she hummed to herself as she examined the bikes. "I bet I know someone who'd pay a good price for them. Bella could get her money back for the parts, and you'd profit off the work you did, too."

"Who?" Jacob couldn't help but gaze at the brunette as she began to snap some pictures of the dirt-bikes. Quite honestly, any time he was around Rory, he found himself gazing at her a lot. She was something wonderful to look at. To him, she was beautiful. No girl had ever managed to capture his attention the way that she did, and she wasn't even trying to. That much was made obvious by the outfit she wore: a simple white t-shirt, an old pair of washed-out jeans and her dirty black Vans, paired with a messy fishtail braid and a face clear of any makeup.