Chapter 3

The defective detective and Molly pulled into the spa's parking lot. Mr. Monk had begun to look a little sick when he saw the huge building. Molly had started to be a little concerned about her friend. "Adrian, are you okay? Should I call Natalie?" She asked quietly.

Mr. Monk, realizing that someone had spoken to him, turned his head. "I'm fine. One-hundred percent perfect." He said quickly, "There's no need to concern Natalie on her day off." He added.

She didn't believe a word coming out of his mouth. "Okay, if you say so Adrian. Come on, let's go in." Molly said grabbing his hand and walking to the building.

They walked up to a pretty blonde woman at the front desk. "Hello, we are here for our spa appointment. It should be under my name, Molly Evans." She said while releasing Mr. Monk's hand.

The blonde woman looked at her computer a moment before she answered them. "Here you are!" She said happily. "Two mud bathes today, right?" She asked while grabbing two robes off a shelf.

Before Mr. Monk could say anything Molly spoke up. "Yes, that's right. Two mud baths." She said, ready to step on Adrian's foot if he disagreed.

The woman typed something into the computer keyboard and handed them their robes. "Here are your robes. You can change into them in the locker rooms." She said quickly, trying to move on to the next customer.

Mr. Monk looked like he may explode when she finished talking. Wearing a robe someone had worn before him was one thing, but no way was he going to change in front of people. Molly saw the look on his face and spoke up for him. "Um, do you happen to have a new robe never worn by anyone? My friend is a little afraid of germs." She said then added, "And maybe somewhere a little more private for him to change? He's a little self-conscious too."

Not looking pleased, the woman pulled out a brand-new robe from a box under the counter. "Here," she said while handing the robe to Molly. "And as for privacy, he can change in my office over there." She said pointing and becoming more annoyed by the second.

She handed them the key. Then, Molly grabbed Mr. Monk's arm and steered him toward the office. "Adrian, you can change in here, okay?" She said sweetly, knowing that this was difficult for him.

He grabbed the robe and key from her hands, and unlocked the door. "Will you guard the door for me?" He asked, "Make sure no one comes in."

Molly just nodded her head and smiled. She was used to this behavior from him. "Yes, Adrian. I will wait outside for you." She said while closing the door behind him.

Mr. Monk went inside the small office. He began to slowly change out of the clothes Molly had picked out and into the new robe. It took him a minute to tie the belt perfectly, but he managed to in the end. Then, he walked out of the office feeling very uncomfortable in just his robe. "Molly," he said, "I'm not sure this is such a great idea."

She just looked at him and rolled her eyes. "Adrian, you go into the mud room and I'll meet you there in five minutes." She said walking back to return the key and put her own robe on.

He did as he was told and walked towards the doors marked 'Mud Bath'. He opened the door only a crack at first, but then he realized that no one was in there. Quickly, he walked over to the tenth bath in the row and set his stuff next to it. Now came the real challenge, figuring out how to get into the bath without taking off his robe. At just the right moment, Molly walked in. "Molly, won't they be mad if I mess up this pristine white robe with filthy mud?" He asked worriedly.

She put her belongings down beside the next bath and shook her head. "Adrian, you have to take the robe off." She said while untying her own.

Mr. Monk looked at her like she had lost her mind. "You want me to be completely naked?" He asked incredulously.

Molly just rolled her eyes at him again. "Yes. Now I'm going to turn around and you're going to get into the bath, okay?" She told him straightforwardly.

She turned around and Mr. Monk followed her instructions. He slid into the mud bath as fast as he possibly could, fearing someone would see him. "I'm in now Molly, you may turn around." He said slightly agitated.

Mr. Monk averted his eyes as she slid into her own bath. "See, this isn't so bad." She said. "Hold on, I think there's something in mine" she told him while reaching down.

Mr. Monk began to worry. "It's probably some filthy trash the previous users of these torture devices left behind" he said quickly.

Molly face turned from an expression of curiosity to disgust as he said that. "Adrian, I'm not so sure." She said, "Come help me pull it out."

He saw the worry in her eyes and began to get out, but then he remembered that he was naked. "Molly, look away and close your eyes for a moment." Mr. Monk said frantically.

She did as he said and looked away. Then, she decided to get up herself so she could change in private as well. Whatever the item was, it began to float towards the surface of the mud. When they both turned around, it had fully risen above the mud. Noticing what it was, Molly screamed at the top of her lungs. It was a body.