12: End of Us

Jeongyeon

I removed my shoes and let the cold grass touch my bare feet. I sat in front of a gravestone and let out all the tears along with my pain.

"M-mom." I stuttered as I wipe the tears off my face like a kid. "Why does it hurt so much?" I asked as if my questions will get answered. I got on my knees and I crumpled the grass with my hands letting out all the anger that I'm feeling inside.

"I thought everything was fine, I thought we were happy. But how could she do that to me?" My cries got louder and more painful, like I was begging for it to stop.

It felt as if my heart is getting pinched and crumpled until it bled out. I hate it that I always lose everything, especially these two women that I value the most.

Maybe I should've left things as it is and never bothered to take her back if this is what will happen anyways. Maybe I should've let her walk away that day, then maybe it'll be less painful than it is.

I should've believed her that we weren't meant to be, I guess I'm the one to blame for all of this.

"I wish you were here Mom." I wanted a hug from my mom so bad. I miss her so much. "Tell me it's okay, Mom. Tell me that everything will be fine eventually. Tell it to me Mom. Like you always did." I begged.

I begged for something that I know I'll never get. These are the times that I miss having my Mom by my side the most, when I'm broken.

"I knew it, you're here." A voice appeared behind me. I turned around only to see my sister walking up to me. "Why the hell are you crying?!" She shouted when she saw tears in my eyes.

"It's just that... something happened." I said and stopped myself from breaking out infront of my sister. She knelt beside me and wiped my tears with her thumb.

"How did you know I was here?" I asked.

"Well, Nayeon unnie called me and asked me to find you. What the hell happened unnie?" Tzuyu asked as she pulled me up to stand up and sit on the bench.

"Tzuyu, I... I-I think Nayeon cheated on me." I said almost out of breath, scared that what I said might be the truth. I bit my lip to stop the tears from falling.

"What did she do unnie?" She asked as she rubbed my back.

"I was on my way home from her apartment when I saw her phone on my car. So I turned back to give it back to her and," I paused and bit my lip harder as I felt myself so close to breaking down again. I sighed before continuing. "I-I saw her with a g-guy in her apartment... they were kissing." I continued.

"I didn't thought that she could do that to me after everything that we've been through. I admit it, I hurted her before but I didn't do that on purpose." I said along with the tears that I've holding back.

She hugged me and tapped my back constantly. "It's okay unnie. It'll be fine." She said as if she knew the exact words that I wanted to hear.

I cried on her arms in front of our mother's grave for nobody knows how long. I let out all the tears as Tzuyu continued to comfort me.

"Let's go unnie, it's cold." She finally said and I nodded. I picked up my shoes and put it on. We made our way to the parking lot and only my car was here. "I took a cab." She said and I looked at her behind me. "Give me a ride." She declared and proceeded to the passenger's seat.