Crazy Stupid Love (5)

* Zak's POV *

 I walk back to my hotel room staring at the ground. I feel, odd. I feel like I shouldn't have left her alone. Maybe the investigation is getting to my head. The fact that she was held in a cell by a spirit didn't help either. I have a feeling that that spirit isn't done with Sam. 

I open my hotel room and close the door quietly behind me. I lay face down on my bed and groan in frustration. I role over and run my hands down my face. Why did I feel like something really bad was going to happen to my team, Sam, and Emily? Someone was going to get hurt and I can't do anything about it. I stand and walk into the bathroom and turn the cold water on. I splash my face with the water but when I look into the mirror, A small figure stood behind me.

I stood silent, staring at the shadow. I couldn't move. My body was frozen in place. I hold the towel against my face, breathing slowly into it. I turned, making sure not to take my eyes off of the shadow.

WIthin a second, the shadow was only inches away from me. I let out something of a scream and run from the room. I reach the door and tug at it trying to get out but it was locked. Hotel rooms don't lock on the inside. I turn around to see the shadow figure standing behind me next to the window. I was just about to start screaming for someone when the spirit disappears and the door comes open. 

I let out a breath and close the door again. I walk over to my bed and sit on the end of it. I pick up my phone to see that it's three in the morning. I look out my window to see that it is pouring rain outside. I lay down and turn my light off but find that I'm no longer tired because of my ordeal. I pick up my phone again and pull up Sam's number.

"Hey, you up?" I lay my phone on my chest and wait to see if I get a reply.

"I am now lol. Why are you still up?" Shes asks. 

"Well... there was a spirit in my room and it was staring at me. Now I can't sleep." I laugh at myself and chew on my lip. 

"Could I come sit with you  down in your room? Emily is yelling at me for the light"

"Uh sure."  I lay my phone down and turn the light back on. I sit on my bed waiting for a knock to come from the door. I stand and run my hands through my hair. What I'm I going to say? Why am I freaking out? I hardly know the girl! 

A knock comes from the door. I walk over to it and take a deep breath. I open the door to see Sam standing there. Her hair is in a messy bun and she is wearing sweat pants and a tank top. She smiles at me and walks into the room. I find myself staring at her butt and I pull my eyes away. I close the door, turning to look at her.

She sits on the end of the bed looking at her phone. I chew on my lip trying to think of something to say. I walk over and sit next to her, folding my hands in my lap. She looks up and smiles sweetly. I smile back but we are both still silent. I lay back and put my hands over my face. She lays down next to me and leans up on a elbow. She stares at me before reaching out and stroking my cheek. I let her do this, getting cold shills. A lightning strike lights up the sky followed by a loud role of thunder. 

"I love thunder stroms. They help me sleep." She says laying flat on her back, letting out a breath. I look at her. Her chest rising and falling slowly, comfortable. I role on to my side and prop my head up on my arm. Her eyes are closed and her mouth is open a bit. I brush my finger tips over her cheek bone making her shiver. She opens her eyes and smiles lightly. 

I push myself up the bed and lay back onto the pillows. Sam lays there for a second before pushing herself up next to me. She curls up into a ball and lets out a breath. I reach out to touch her cheek when she looks up at me, making me touch her bottom lip. She stares at me as I drag my finger tip along it. I pull my hand back about to apologize when she crawls closer to me. She lays her hand on the side of my neck and looks me in the eyes. I pull her to me laying my hand on her lower back. 

She leans in, brushing her lips against mine. I lean in and lightly kiss her. She kisses me back and roles over ontop of me. She bites my bottom lip making a small moan escape from my throat. She pulls away and stares at me. I swallow hard affraid I did something wrong, but she smiles. I smile back and peck her lips. She lays down next to me and shuts her eyes. I kiss her cheek and turn off the light.