Something New (16)

**Zak's POV**

I stare at my phone screen, bored with Twitter. I look over at Sam in the kitchen and smile. She looks so cute with an apron on. I stand and walk over to her. I wrap my arms carefully around her waste. She smiles and continues to stir the chili. I take in a deep breath through my nose and sigh contently. I loved homemade chili especially Sam's. It was amazing.

"Are you hungry?" She asks with a chuckle. I nod and kiss her cheek.

She stops stirring and pulls out of my grasp. She walks over to the cabinet and pulls out two soup bowls. I smile and grab one. She kisses me before stepping in front of me to get chili. I role my eyes and tickle her. she jumps but keeps from spilling chili every where. I chuckle and wait patiently. She finally steps away and I get my bowl filled.

I walk over and join Sam on the couch. I scoop up a big bite of chili and stick it in my mouth. I stop, letting out a yelp.

"It's hot." Sam says blowing on hers. I swallow and take a big gulp of water.

"Shut up smart ass." I say pouting. I take another drink of water then take another bit of chili, that I blew on first. I happily chew on it and swallow.

I finish my chili and sigh contently. Sam takes my bowl and sets it in the sink. When she comes back into the room, I pull her into my lap and kiss her neck. She smiles and kisses me. I kiss her back and deepen the kiss. She drags her tongue against my lower lip making a small moan escape my throat. How does she always make me moan first?

She bites my lip and pulls on it making me moan again. She giggles and pokes my upper lip with her tongue. I open my mouth and let her in. She turns her body so that. Her legs are around my waist and her arms are around my neck. I kiss her deeper, earning myself a moan. I smile against her lips then pull away. Sam looks at me a little out of breath. I chuckle and kiss her again. She pulls away first this time and stands.

"I'm going to go brush my teeth." She says as she walks down the hall.

I watch her walk and a large feeling of need washed over me. I stand and follow her down the hall to the bathroom. I push the door open just enough to see her in the mirror. She flips her hair back and pouts her cute little lips. I push the door open all the way and lean against the door frame and stared at her. She looks at me in the mirror and smiles closing her eyes. She tucks her hair behind her ear and acts like she looking at the floor.

As I look at her the song Perfect by Hedley pops into my head. She sings that song all the time. I think it's funny because she is perfect and she doesn't have to try. She will always be perfect.

"I love you Sam." I say walking over and pulling her against my chest. She hesitates then hugs me back. She lays her head on my shoulder and takes a breath.

"I know that I'm not perfect but I keep trying." She sings softly. I playfully spank her and she giggles.

"You are perfect Sam. Your mine and that will never change." I could feel tears threatening to fall but I fight them away. Sam's eyes glisten with tears as well and she blinks them away.

I cup her face in my hands and rest my head on hers. She lays her hands on my shoulders and lets out a breath through her nose. I feel a tear run down my cheek but I ignore it. I pull Sam into my arms and carry her out into the living room. I plug my Iphone into the stereo and play Perfect. I turn it up and sit next to Sam. We sing along with the song and hold eachother. She belts out the words, not missing a single note. I close my mouth and listen to her beutiful voice sing along. She stops when she starts to cry. I hold her and sing in her ear.

"I love you." She whispers against my neck. I let another tear slide down my cheek and I kiss her.

"I love you too Sam."

***

I wake up to the shower running. I role over and look at the clock to see it's two in the morning. I sigh and sit up, stretching my arms. I stand and walk to the bathroom. I can hear Perfect playing over the water, but the thing that catches me, is the sobs I hear over all of it. I open the door quietly and peek in. I can't see Sam but I can hear her crying. I close the door and decide to wait until she is done to confront her. I sit on the side of the bed and run my hands through my hair. I have a feeling Sam, isn't crying happy tears.

I hear the water turn off and I look up. I hear shuffling then the music turns off. I can hear sniffles and Sam picking up her clothes. A second later the door opens and Sam walks out with a towel wrapped around her. She looks at me and bites her lip.

"You heard all of that didn't you?" She asks sniffing. I nod and stand. I walk over and hug her. She kisses my chest and walks over to the closet. She puts on sweat pants and a sweat shirt on. She turns to me and shrugs.

"Why were you crying?" I ask pulling her over to the bed. She shrugs again and lays down, covering up.

"Nothing. We can talk later." With that, she falls asleep. I kiss her cheek and lay down next to her.

I hope nothing is wrong with her.

**Author's Note** I'm sorry I havent posted in a while. Been really busy.