Prologue

It could be seen as a sad tale I suppose, but I don't want you to think of it in that way. I made my own choices and followed a certain path, I know now that there are things I could have, should have, done differently but that is in the past and there are no longer any choices.

Therefore, while you listen to my tale do not feel pity and do not will me to choose a different path, for it will do no good. I have become who I was supposed to and the little girl I used to be is no longer.

I suppose introductions are in order, although you may have already read the tale by my acquaintance Amethyst I shall not jump to conclusions and reveal anything that will ruin it. My name is Lady Collette Karina, born into the title, and am only aged 10 when my story begins.

My hair, like my ancestors, is a light brown that my mother insists should always be controlled by a large bow. I also have grey eyes that can be a bit disconcerting to some people, especially as I am not known as a humorous child, finding very little that amuses me.

But I digress, as Amethyst has suggested I shall show, rather than tell, the story. We should get straight to the point and begin. Hold tight and enjoy.

__________________________

HEYO, thanks for reading :D This is book 0.5 in the Jewell collection and can be read at any point. I hope you enjoy and I would love to hear any comments you may have.