𝖝𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖑𝖎𝖙𝖞

𝖝𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖑𝖎𝖙𝖞

[EDITED: 16.5.20]

SOUTH KOREA, SEOUL, 2011. (9 YEARS AGO)

MOMO POV

I was born in a poor family. I was a posthumous child, my father died due to overworking before I was born. My single mother and older sister were the ones who took care of me. It was hard to live. My family were always in debt. We lived in a somewhat-looking shack and it was in a bad neighbourhood with quite a number of crimes.

My older sister would work multiple part-time jobs while my mother would work more than her co-workers and would exhaust herself.

"Hey, ma'am, can you pay?" I glanced over at the cashier who was impatiently waiting for me to pay for the snacks that I placed on the counter, she was tapping her feet. I held my hand up, "Wait,--" I took out my wallet, I was at a convenience store.

I was searching for the cash in my wallet, "Ma'am, if you don't have the money, just leave!" The cashier raised her voice, "You're making the people in line wait for a long time!" She fixed her glance over civilians that were waiting behind me.

This gave me an opportunity to snatch the plastic bag filled with snacks away from the counter, soon, dashing away from the counter, "HEY!" The cashier yelled, "SOMEBODY CATCH HER!" Before I could reach the handle of the door.

I felt a hand grasped on the hood of my hoodie, the hand forcefully pulled my hood, as I fell on my butt, "Shoplifting is a crime~" The owner of the hand spoke, I could hear footsteps of the cashier walking towards us.

"Thank you---" The cashier was interrupted.

The owner of the hand raised her hand up, defending me, "I'll pay for the girl." She pulled out her credit card from her wallet, "How much was it? 50,000 won?"

The cashier was sweating, "No! I can't! You can't waste your money for a commoner bitch like her!" She flapped her hands up and down, "You're the daughter of----"

The woman stepped in-front of me, she was taller than the cashier, she was staring at her--no, glaring into her eyes coldly, "You don't control my life. This is my money, not yours." She slowly raised her hand and shoved the cashier by the shoulder softly, pushing her a-bit, "What does social status have to do with this?"

She continued, "You better think before you say. Not everyone have a wealthy and rich life." The cashier gulped and nodded her head as she took the woman's credit card before scanning it and paying for the snacks, later giving back the credit card to the woman.

The woman scoffed as she placed her credit card in her wallet before walking out of the convenience store. I ran over towards her, "W-Wait!" The woman stopped, I glanced at her, slowly recognising that she was around the same age as me. She was 15.

"How can I repay you back?!" I exclaimed, I didn't know her but the most of the civilians here somehow did. Was she famous or something?

The woman scrunched her nose, she approached me, "Repay me?" She placed her hand over my chin, "Hmm. Let' see...." She stared into my eyes, she clicked her tongue, "How about........."

"Be my pet?" The woman flashed a gummy smile.

"EHHHHH?" Was she a spoiled brat or something?

I was interrupted, "Just kidding!" She exclaimed as she let out a loud chuckle, "Your reaction was so funny!" She was laughing out loud, she reminds me of a penguin. She stopped laughing and gazed at me, "What's your name?"