𝟢𝟢𝟤 | 𝘪 . 𝘩𝘢𝘫𝘪𝘮𝘦

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

❝ Blush

IWAIZUMI HAJIME X F! READER

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

You sat on the sidelines as you watched your school's volleyball team, Seijoh, practice. Well, to be quite honest, you were mostly your boyfriend, Iwaizumi Hajime. He looks extra cool whenever he plays. You snapped out of your trance as you heard the whistle. Signalling that the match was over and the team Iwaizumi was in won.

You smiled as you saw him walk towards you. You stood up and passed him his water bottle and towel. " You were great! " you grinned.

He smiled, " Thanks, [ F/N ]. "

" Ne, ne, [ F/N ]-chan, what about me? "

" Tch, your so nosy trashykawa. "

" Your so mean, Iwa-chan~! "

You giggled at their antics. Oikawa's always making Iwaizumi mad.

" You were great too, Oikawa. " you smiled.

" Of course, I was, " he said proudly.

Iwaizumi rolled his eyes and you just continued chuckling.

" Iwaizumi-san! Can you help me for a bit? " a first-year called out.

" Yeah, be there in a sec, " he put down his things and looked at you, " I'll be back later. "

You just smiled and nodded.

" Hey, [ F/N ]-chan? " Oikawa sat next to you.

" Hm? What's up? "

" Have you ever seen Iwa-chan blush? "

You were taken a back by the sudden question. Not that it was disturbing, it's just that.. that's a really good question. Have you? You were silent for a moment before you shook your head.

" No.. no actually. I've never seen him blush honestly. "

It's true. Even when you confessed, you had your face facing the ground so that you couldn't see his reaction nor so that he could see your expression. After you looked up, he didn't blush so maybe he didn't? Or maybe he did? You don't even know.

" Wah, Iwa-chan's just not the type to blush then, " the setter concluded.

" I mean he is the cool type of guy, right? " you muttered.

Kindaichi who was nearby suddenly swooped in the conversation, " That might be right, though. Even when he's embarrassed, he'd just be mad not blushing. "

You hummed and nodded. Is Iwaizumi really not the type to blush? You thought maybe even if a guy's cool, there has to be some certain moments where he would be flustered. You pursued your lips as you think harder.

" Have you guys ever kissed? " Matsukawa suddenly asked.

" E–eh..? " you could feel your face heat up at the question.

" Ah, [ F/N ]-chan! You and Iwa-chan haven't kissed yet?! "

" S–shut up, Oikawa! It's barely been two months, okay?! "

" Still, Iwa-chan should've initiated it a long time ago, " Oikawa crosses his arms and closed his eyes while nodding.

" Maybe he's too embarrassed to do it yet? " Hanamaki said.

An idea suddenly popped into your head.

" That's it! " you stood up suddenly causing the others to look at you.

" What exactly is it..? " Hanamaki raised an eyebrow.

You just smirked, " You'll see. "

The others sweatdropped as they stared at you. You also had a playful and cheeky side that sometimes people hope to never confront. They just hope that Iwaizumi will be okay.

-- a few minutes later --

" Hey, [ F/N ]. Sorry, that took longer than I expected, " he apologized as he knew today you had to go back early because [ reason ].

" That's okay! You still have to stayback, right? Don't worry about sending me home. I just waited a little longer just to say goodbye, " you grinned.

He smiled, " Thanks. "

You couldn't help but blush slightly seeing his smile. " Of course. Well, I should be going now. See you tomorrow! "

" See you. "

You turned around to walk towards the exit. A single thought still lingering in your head.

' This is it. Hope it works! '

You turned around again to face Iwaizumi, " Ne, Hajime. "

" Hm–? "

He turned back around to look out but was stopped halfway when he felt something soft on his lips. You were kissing him. You were kissing him. Holy–

Iwaizumi's mind was blank as he was processing everything that's happening. You broke the kiss after a few seconds and looked up at him. A satisfied grin was formed on your face as you saw Iwaizumi's cheeks were dusted with pink.

" So you can blush after all, eh~? " you giggled. You gave a peck on his cheek before walking out of the gym, leaving a stunned Iwaizumi behind.

-- bonus --

The other team members of Seijoh had their mouth agape after witnessing the scene. The same thought was running in their mind.

' He's blushing?! '

Well, except for one person.

" WAH, IWA-CHAN'S BLUSHING! " Oikawa pointed out before laughing loudly.

Iwaizumi was brought back to reality as he heard Oikawa. He's previous expression was replaced with a furious one.

" SHUT UP, TRASHYKAWA! " he threw a ball to his head. Hard.

" THAT HURTS, IWA-CHAN! " he whined in pain.