𝟢𝟢𝟧 | 𝘵 . 𝘳𝘺𝘶𝘯𝘰𝘴𝘶𝘬𝘦

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

❝ Friend

TANAKA RYŪNOSUKE X F! READER

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Friend.

That was the only thing you are towards him—

Tanaka Ryūnosuke.

The both of you have been friends since childhood due to the fact that your mom and his were friends and that he lives three houses away from you. You guys were close, really close. So much that he trusts you and tells you everything.

And you hate that.

Your vision gets blurry and your body aches whenever he starts talking about how amazing Kiyoko-san is. You felt yourself getting beaten up as he compliments her and awes at her beauty. Your heart shatters into a million pieces when he shouts and screams how much he loves her.

It hurts. It really hurts.

There has been countless times where you just want to let it all out. You just want to know everything. Your hate. Your jealousy. Your love. Everything. You want to tell him so bad that he doesn't need to get Kiyoko-san's attention anymore; you'll give him all the attention! Just look at you! Just love you! And you most definitely will absolutely do the same.

But have you done it? Of course not. Do a simple confession that might ruin your friendship with Ryū? No, hell no. If this is the only way for you to stay by his side and remain close to him then, you'll do it.

However, one day, you lost it. Your body, your emotions, your soul— gone. Everything was gone with just a few words that escaped from Ryū's mouth;

" I'm finally dating Kiyoko-san now! "

Just as he uttered those words, your entire world crashed. You couldn't even stop the tears that rolled down your cheeks profusely. Your body trembled as you finally snapped. Everything just came out that moment. All the things that you've wanted to say to him this whole time was reaching his ears as you screamed your feelings out.

" For fucks sake, Ryū! I don't even know the fuck why but I really like you— no, scratch that. I love you. I love you so so so much, Ryū. So much, that it hurts! I've tried to stop loving you, liking you, even tried to hate you but it didn't work! It didn't fucking work! "

Only your sobs could be heard at that moment as Ryū processed everything you said from the start, a shocked expression plastered on his face.

" But you know, they were right. Not everyone gets a happy life and I'm one of those people. I'm sorry for all of this— for confessing to you. This was stupid. Please forget everything. Bye, Ryū. "

You ran. You weren't sure where you were going but you just ran. You just wanted to run away from everything; reality, your love life and him. You couldn't even see straight as tears were blurring your vision. You wished you never confessed, you wish Kiyoko never accepted Ryū, you wished you never met Ryū in the first place.

You were in your own world; thinking about your regrets when suddenly you heard a honk from your side.

You blinked your eyes slowly, your body hurt like hell. A lot of people were surrounding you, shouting numerous things;

" Is she okay? "

" Someone call the ambulance! "

" Poor girl, she's still young ... "

" She's losing a lot of blood! "

Ah .. it seems like your time's up. God, this is what you get for not paying attention to your surroundings. You chuckled softly in your head as you imagined what Ryū would say if he saw you like this. Damn, you didn't even have a great love life yet. Honestly why did you have to like someone who's difficult. You kind of feel bad now for ruining Ryū's happy moment. But then again .. ah, crap. You wondered what would happen if you actually confessed to him before all of this. Would you guys still be friends or would it be awkward between you two? Or maybe ... would you have a chance? Well, you'll never know now. For whatever it is, truthfully you don't regret knowing Ryū and appreciate all the moments you had with him. Memories of both you together flooded through your head. You wished Ryū to have a happy life before letting out your last breath; wishing that you could've seen him for the last time. But of course, life had other plans.

——

RIP
[ L/N ] [ F/N ]
XX. XX. XXXX - XX. XX. XXXX
A wonderful girl,
a caring daughter
and an amazing friend.

Tanaka stared at the tomb in front of him, a blank expression on his face. He couldn't even describe what he was feeling right now— sadness, anger .. regret?

Tears started to fall down his eyes slowly as he stood there thinking about you. He flinched when he suddenly felt a hand on his shoulder.

" Ryū, I'm sorry .. " Nishinoya said as he stared at his friend. Fully aware of what had happened to you and the situation from yesterday.

" It's all my fault. If I hadn't— "

" Ryū! [ Y/N ] would never want you to blame yourself for what happened to her! What do you think she'd say if she heard you say that?! "

Tanaka just went silent afterwards.

" Ryū, about you and Kiyoko-san .. "

" We broke up. It would have never worked out anyway. "

Nishinoya nodded slowly, he stared at your tomb stone before asking Tanaka another question, a frown still evident on his face, " You only dated her just to get over [ Y/N ], didn't you Ryū .. ? "

...

" Yeah .. "

- - - - - - -

A/N : Some a n g s t because
why not? Sorry if it sucks though—
this is kinda like my first angst oop