Epilouge

WARNING: This is short, and kind of abrupt. It's also some amount of time in the future

________________________________________________________________________

I scratched softly behind Oshi’s ear, murmuring softly to her. It was pointless of course, as Josh and I had learned that she was deaf not long after the final incident with my father, who was now safely in jail. I sat on our bed, delaying until I had to go.

Yes, I said our. As a senior, I had graduated a month earlier than everyone else – a month ago – and had immediately moved in with Josh. We were madly in love at this point, and had been all along really. The school year had gone smoothly, and we were sneaky enough in our relationship not to get caught.

It would be coming out today though.

It was the last day of school for the normal students, which was basically a seven hour long free period, with a pep rally at the end. I would be attending in approximately half an hour, by Josh’s side. No one except for Sandy and Gar (who I told about three months before graduation) knew about our relationship. I had never told Marcus, too nervous of the way he would react. It was still likely that Josh was going to get punched in the face.

I dressed quickly, petting Oshi a couple more times for the road. I ran out of the house and hopped into the modest car that Josh had bought me (a seemingly extravagant gift, but really, Josh was amazing with his money).

I got a few strange looks at the school, since I had already graduated, but they didn’t stop the huge grin on my face.

“hey Elizabeth,” I said to the person who forced their way in front of me. Elizabeth, formerly known as bitch. She still called me freak, but I didn’t feel the same malicious hatred for her that I used to.

“What are you doing here, Freak?” Ah, there’s the nickname.

“I’m here to see someone actually.”

“Who? It’s not like you have friends.”

“Boyfriend actually,” I corrected, unaffected by her comment as my eyes scanned the stream of people for Josh. Nerves bubbled inside me at the thought of everyone’s reactions. I knew that Josh would be in a small amount of trouble, but me being a month graduated, there was nothing anyone could do.

“Boyfriend? Dating young? Isn’t that kind of pathetic?”

“I’m three years older than her actually,” Josh corrected, coming up behind her. My nerves were instantly replaced with elation at the sight of him, looking just as sexy as always. His tie was crooked again, even though I straightened it for him every morning. It was never like that by the time he got home. Frowning, I moved towards him and fixed it, giving him a scolding look which he returned with a sheepish one.

“Elizabeth, this is my boyfriend, Josh Fletcher.”

“Mr. Fletcher?” Elizabeth gasped, her eyes horrified, looking at me disgusted.

“I’m not your boyfriend Sin,” Josh sighed, and Elizabeth sagged noticeably in relief. “I’m your fiancée. You need to stop calling me your boyfriend.”

It was true, Josh had proposed exactly four days ago. It still seemed strange that he suddenly went from my teacher to my boyfriend to my fiancée, and soon enough, my husband. I would never get used to all the title changes. He was adamantly against being called my boyfriend, but I didn’t care what we were labeled, as long as I – and every one else – knew that he was mine forever.

Forever. It was such a definite word. It left no room for argument. At some point in time, such a word would have made me nervous. Forever seemed too long a time for anything. But for this – for Josh and I – not even forever was enough.

_______________________________________________________________

Taa-daa! I'm done. That's the end. No sequel. (I hate this story)

If you liked it though, think about reading my other student/teacher story, Rain Again. I hate the beginning of that too, but if you give it a shot, I think you'll find that it has a better plot than this one. Also, I have large amount of that already written up, so updating is based on my computer access rather than my mood.

So basically, if it gets feedback, I'm going to update it more, because I don't have to write it all out.

Also think about reading the new story I'm going to be posting called Keeping Distance. It's NOT student/teacher. It is a very realistic romance. i don't really have a blurb, but you should totally give it a shot (its better than this one was!)