● 0 5 ●

Tomorrow is the day and I still haven't said "Yes" to Shravan. And to my surprise, he hasn't called me or messaged me either, as if he doesn't want to know whether I want to go on a date with him or not. He said he wanted to give me space; I am aware that the way I talked to him or rather didn't talk to him yesterday, would have upset him. But he can't blame me, can he? I am not a googly-eyed teenage girl anymore, who would swoon over some handsome boy. If I am going to marry him, I have to think carefully. I need to know the pros and cons of getting married to a billionaire.

I place my bag on the table in my room. Today has been extremely tiring, both mentally and physically. One of our clients, apparently wasn't happy with how his book has come out after publishing. Mrs. Malhotra was busy handling him, but she failed miserably and the client left threatening that he is going to sue NewAge. Mrs. Malhotra left early to meet her lawyer, so I didn't get time to talk to her.

After a bit of hesitation and hoping he is not busy right now, I call Shravan's number. It's 6.30 in the evening, At the third ring, he picks up the call, "Hello." His clipped voice, made me want to cut the phone already.

"Hello. Busy?" Now I am seriously rebuking myself for calling him. I should have waited for him to call me.

"Not really." Shravan sighs loudly. "Tell me."

His voice is softer than I have ever heard, he seems tired, "You seem really tired!"

"Hmmm." That's all he says.

I pause, it felt so weird to talk to him as he is the one always talking and asking questions. Today he seems to be the same Shravan whom I had met five days ago. Same emotionless, ready to listen more than talk. "I called you . . . I mean I wanted to know about tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?" He asks as if he doesn't know what I am talking about.

"You wanted me to go on a date with you, in case you remember!" I was beyond irritated by then. "And if you have forgotten already, then I would say let's just drop this pretense. You can go back to what you were doing."

"Temper." He pauses, "I didn't know if you would want to go on a date with me. Secondly, you were upset yesterday. I wanted to give you some space. I realized I am taking it too fast. Just because I want to marry you doesn't mean that you would want the same!"

Okay! So now he wants to give me space! "I still haven't agreed to marry you. I am just . . ." Oh my God! What am I saying! "I mean . . ."

"You mean you want to go on this date." He softly says. "I'm more than happy to hear that Suman." Goodness, the way he says my name. "Yesterday I realized, I should have let you take the decision. But as usual, I decided for the both of us."

"Shravan . . . I . . ." never in my life have I felt so overwhelmed! The way he is talking to me right now, the way his soft voice caresses my name, I felt like meeting him right now. One second ago, I was furious and now I don't even feel like getting angry with him.

"I am sorry Suman!"

"But what are you apologizing for?" The guilt of not understanding him is unbearable.

"Suman," he says as if he is talking to a child, "last night I asked you to stay awake. When I messaged you, a lot was on my mind. I didn't think much. But after talking to you, when I thought again and went through the messages, then only it clicked to me. You thought I want you to obey me. I am not your superior Suman. We are equal. I should have asked you properly."