● 08 ●

...Not edited...

"Marry me, Suman, I need you in my life," Shravan whispers. The way his voice trembles, states he is too emotional to think wisely. He just met me 7 days ago. He shouldn't be this attached to me . . . But this is what my logical part of my brain says to me. But my heart . . . My heartbeat doubled the minute I heard those words. Say it, Suman, say it, for once take the leap of faith

There are times in life, when you do something unwisely, just because your heart yearns to do that but those moments are rare, as feelings are subtler than thoughts . . . Or what I would have said a few minutes earlier. Now that I have felt the tug of war between my heart and brain, I can vouch, I have never felt so many emotions playing together in my body. I am excited, I am scared, I am irritated, I am angry . . . And there is a tiny part in me who wants to react on a whim, just to know what would happen next. 

"Suman!" Shravan sighs, "Sorry I am . . ." I still can't find my will power to reply, when he sighs again, "I don't know why, but as soon as I realised this burden is too much for me to bear, I called you up. I thought I needed your sensibility, your logical thinking . . . Your friendship. But now after talking to you, I can say, I called you up at this ungodly hour just because of I . . ."

"Yes." 

"I needed you, Suman . . . I know you haven't said yes . . ." He pauses suddenly, "What?" 

"Yes." I whisper, "I will marry you."

There was another long pause; he breathes, "You sure?" 

"Not really." I laugh. I can tell, my voice sounds airy all of a sudden "But I guess I'll take the leap of faith?" It sounds rather like a question than an answer. I roll on my bed, "But I have a question or two."

I can hear the quick shuffle of cover. He is in his bed. I smile, looking at the clock. It's nearly 3, he needs to change his sleep pattern. But not today. He needs to divert his mind from his work. "Shoot," Shravan says. His voice is much lighter than a moment before.

"So how rich are you?" I ask.

After a breathy chuckle, he replies, "Quite rich. But why?"

"A billionaire?" 

After a pause, he replies, "yes."

"Well do I have to be worried about crowds frolicking around us all the time?" I ask seriously.

"Crowd?" baffled he asks again, "Why would the crowd be frolicking around us!"

"Why! Aren't you some hot billionaire . . . People must know you!" 

"Yes some know, but not all." Shravan laughs, "You know most of the masses don't read business news. They stick to the main page, sports news and page 3 news of course. So you have never to be worried about any crowd."

"Ah! Okay! Then no harassment by the media either."

Shravan chuckles, "Only if you aren't planning to murder me, once we get married, just to leave with my money with some other men." 

"I might consider that option . . . In the far future, but for now, you don't have to be worried about that." I smile hearing his light laughter. "So . . . Are you sure about getting married to me?"

His laughter resumes, "One hundred per cent." 

"But be aware Mr Malhotra, I have said yes that doesn't mean I won't back out. You have to be very careful around me." I joke.

"I can never be careful around you Suman . . ." He mumbles. I stop for a second, to listen to what next he has to offer, but his slow and steady breathing is all I can hear. Finally, he is sleeping. Closing my eyes I hold the phone to my ear, I don't know why it makes me wonder how it would feel to fall asleep beside him.