Feeling-Familial Analogical/fluff

Warnings- none
Summary- Logan Black is a father of a 2 year old he barely even knows, but what happens when his spouse dies and he has to learn to be a single father and gain a father, son relationship?
(This is a week after the death of Logan's spouse and he hasn't seen Virgil yet due to the funeral plans and everything)

I loved my wife. I did... in a way. She was an amazing mother, but I was hiding something from everyone and used her as a cover up. I'm gay. I know my wife has died and I have a son, but I did love her she was my best friend. But nothing more. I have a son Virgil who is 2 years old who I've barely seen in the span of his life due to work. I haven't seen him since the funeral. He looked so confused but in a way understood his mother was gone. He was being held at the time by my best friend Patton.

Currently it is 3am and I can't get to sleep with all the nerves of starting to try to create a relationship with my son.  Until I heard crying. I immediately jumped up and ran... yes I said ran I know I'm not athletic or run but something just kicked in my system. Not literally obviously I'm not ill.

I made it to my sons room and opened the door to see him dueled up in his bed holding a stuffed kitten. He was crying and whimpering in his sleep. Logan immediately had a pain somewhere within him he had never felt before.

Logan walked over to Virgil and sat down on the bed next to him. Logan then scooped the whimpering boy up in his arms and shushed him while whispering sweet things in his ear to calm him. Logan noticed Virgils breathing steadying but realized if he left he would most likely wake the sleeping child up. So he tucked them both in his bed and put the small boy on his chest.

In the morning Logan woke up and smiled. It had been a long time since he woke up with a smile but with his son on his chest gripping his shirt he couldn't help it. He was just overpowered with this energy he couldn't explain for Virgil now more than ever.

Virgil started to squirm and wake up. Virgil opened his big brown doe eyes and looked at Logan. Logan smiled down at the little boy. Virgil giggled which made Logan laugh too. It had been like the two had been best friends for years just from the minute of actually being around each other alone.

"Hello my little one" Logan said in a soothing voice. Virgil just giggled and hugged Logan. Logan's eyes welled up in tears. He never really hugged his son full of this emotion. He hugged the little boy back. And picked him up. "Now storm cloud? Would you like some pancakes?" Virgil quickly nodded to that. Logan chuckled and brought the boy down stairs and started breakfast.

As they were eating Logan noticed that Virgil was copying what he was doing with a fork and a knife but couldn't do it as he was just a toddler. Logan realized that and mentally slapped himself for it so he cut up Virgil food and fed him.

After eating Logan picked up Virgil and sat him down on the floor and sat with him. "Um...hello Virgil." Logan said awkwardly "dada" Virgil said and made grabby hands torwards him. Logan began to cry of joy and picked Virgil up and threw him up and danced around with him. I was so unlike Logan but felt so right. "Oh I love you Virgil. I-I'm sorry for not being there for you as a father. I-I will make it up to you." Logan said to the boy in his arms. Sure Virgil was just a baby but he was Logan blacks son, and he will always be there.

After a month of being together nonstop they grew closer and closer. Logan finally got what that feeling was that over came him at first and hasn't left him... parents love.