Chapter 11

Heading to fetch the cars they all piled in and Lexi gave the directions to the hill, pointing to a few landmarks to the girls in the car as they passed. Reaching the entrance they wound up the lane that would take them to the car park. Slowly they rose up the hill, headlights lighting the way as rabbits ran across the track ahead of them.

Parking the cars they all climbed out and Lexi took a couple of flash lights from the boot of Elizabeth's car. Passing one to Jackie she turned hers on and started walking down the small track that would lead to the main view point of the town, as the others followed.

Turning the corner she saw the twinkly lights come into view and stepped further forward to make room for the others. The talking stopped as they reached her and a sea of faces all looked out at the view, each one mesmerised by the scene that seemed to never end.

Walking over to her Gary smiled as he placed his arm around her shoulders and pulled her closer to him. Looking up into his face she realised how happy she was in that moment. she turned her attention back to the others to find them looking over at the two of them and laughed. Gary looked up at the same time and shrugged "sod it" he said as he turned back to her and placed a gentle kiss on her lips.

"Finally." mark said, "We were waiting for you two to just tell us"

"well now you Know" Gary said smiling "and i couldn't be happier".

They spend the next half an hour silently looking across the town enjoying the peace and quiet. Who knows when they would all be together next.