ONE

"EIJIROU. WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF I THROW A PHONE WITH MY QUIRK. HOW FAR WILL IT GO?"

was what the pikachu carbon copy said to his red headed friend, it was a late saturday night. the friends would usually commit some kind of bastard shenanigans that y/n l/n had no intention of getting involved in. kirishima grinned towards denki, their eyes lighting up as they then stood up, yelling for sero and mina. their ecstacy once more annoying our protagonist.

she tilted her head up from her book that lied on her lap, propping up her chin with the back of her hand. she narrowed her eyes to the duo, glaring for a brief moment before sighing, looking back down at her book. her fingers idly meddling with a lollipop, freeing it from its plastic and gently pressing it against her chapped mouth, her dry tongue licking it timidly. her eyes glazed over the passage. the yells and cheers of crackheads muddled her thoughts. her hand raking through her hair as she let out a low sigh, now barely able to process the words. the presence of someone nearing her got on her nerves, she bit on her lip as she continued to look down as the energetic someone grabbed ahold of whatever they grabbed, in this case, denki grabbed his own phone. that was her guess when she caught a glimpse of the bright yellow strands of his hair anyway. she always seemed to sense his presence. a mere breath from him near her made her senses sharper.

she knew the boy was trouble after all, so she'd rather stay away.

her eyes lidded shut briefly, before intruded by mina's pink hand on her shoulder.

"y/n-san. want to join us?" despite y/n turning down the offers every week and practically ever time whenever offered to do something that included denki, mina would still be determined to not leave her friend out of the fun. she removed the lollipop from her candy stained mouth and once again y/n shook her head, raising her hand and waving it dismissively. she smiled weakly towards the alien like girl. her gaze locked with the abnormal raccoon like eyes.

"no thank you mina." she managed to muster out, attempting to maintain eye contact with the raccoon eyes that peered at her before failing miserably, shifting her focus back to the book. mina shrugged, it wasn't expected for y/n to join in on the fun anyways. mina smiled back at y/n.

"don't stay up." she teased, running off into the distance to catch up with her friends. she felt personally attacked by this comment. as it seems mina got along well with the trio. y/n just found denki to be a bad influence. that's all. actually she found nearly everyone a bad influence.

y/n was actually curious on how mina managed to mix with those crack heads. eh, they managed to keep bakugo under control. that was a benefit.

she allowed a sigh to escape her mouth.
y/n sat there, only managing to read one passage complete before something in her pressured her to check her phone, a bad habit that she was unable to rid off.  naturally, she looked for her phone, only to be greeted with an empty area. her eyes widened with panic as she turned her head towards the designated place that she thought had her phone charging. only to have another phone that had been left there unintentionally.  a sleek black one similar to hers, the only difference was that the phone screen was cracked at a corner.

denki's.
he took her phone by accident.

chicken nuggets.
she shot up from her seat, casting her book aside onto the couch as she bolted towards the window, scanning to see if the madlads was there, and yes they were, standing on the green grass dimly illuminated by the lamps afar and but the strengthened light being from a flashlight sero held in his hand. she panicked, continuously jabbing the elevator's button, practically punching it at this point. it took a while before the elevator actually arrived. she once inside once again jabbed the button to the first level. this was slightly faster. she arrived downstairs, now running at a speed she never imagined herself capable of running.

her veins bursting with adrendaline as she ran across the grass, screaming at the top of her lungs.

"THAT'S NOT YOUR PHONE—" her shrieks of fear did nothing to infer with the happening events. as the three others turned their heads towards her, denki had already produced electric volts to his capacity, not hearing y/n before he then threw his hand back, then sending her phone flying across the greenery.

"yaaaay.." he gave a thumbs up, his brain short circuited or whatever. whatever the case even if it wasn't denki's fault she was pissed off. her hands balled into fists. marching towards the dim-witted boy.

believe it or not she screamed, her emotional attachment to her precious phone now fried and beyond repair let her fury at that single moment take over and unfortunately activated her quirk. she smacked him hence she unintentionally sent the poor boy flying across the grass like her now charred, broken phone. the soft patch of grass cushioning his fall by just slightly.

"YOU FRIED SQUID!" she snapped, pointing at the injured boy.

she was definitely getting trash duty for this.